buying a pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burning chunk,
I was told the same thing, I have a wood chipper, and the chips come out very uniform, about 1/2" wide, and an inch long, was hoping those would work, but their sales rep said no. The grass thing interested me also, that is why I am considering a multi fuel. I am not sure if my buddy even has a multi fuel stove, but will find out. I learned a lot from this site in the last week, thanks for all the info I am getting on here,,,,,,,ed

One of our sponsors, Magnum Countryside, not only makes stoves which can burn corn and other such stuff - but they also make a DC model, allowing them to be powered directly off battery systems with chargers.

Here is a 110 system:
http://www.stovesentry.com/index.php

thanks craig,
I have been looking at magnum's website (thanks to your nice website) that is one of the stoves I have been looking at. My power goes out quite often, sometimes momentarily, sometimes longer. If my power goes out momentarily, will the stove keep going, or do you have to reset? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make a good choice, thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,ed

I use a Harman Surfire, check out Northern Hydrolics, or try online, the deep cycle battery needed is just as important.

glassman said:
thanks craig,
I have been looking at magnum's website (thanks to your nice website) that is one of the stoves I have been looking at. My power goes out quite often, sometimes momentarily, sometimes longer. If my power goes out momentarily, will the stove keep going, or do you have to reset? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make a good choice, thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,ed

I've never had the power go out while mine is going, but my assumption is that it would turn the blowers back on, but not the pellet feed. I have an AC model.

It might be different if you have a thermostat hooked to it or DC model, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.