Bypass help on Lopi insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate68

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2010
Akron, OH
Hi all. I recently noticed the bypass on my Revere is starting to stick when I pull it open at about 3/4 of the way. I really have to yank on it to get it all the way open, and closed again. Anyone have this happen or have any suggestions how to fix it? The insert is a 2010 had has not had any unusual pressure put on the bypass to possibly bend it. There has been no over-firing either. Thanks for any suggestions...

I've seen a couple Lopi inserts where the little fork partially comes out of the bypass plate and binds things up. Sometimes ash and crud gets up there too. I usually have to detach the liner to get to it.

Yes, first time I did the chimney sweep drill ….. forgot to open the bypass beforehand. The little bit of crud/creosote I had fell right on top of the bypass damper. I just operated it a few times letting everything fall into the stove where it would have gone anyway. This was just another lesson for me on the way to successfully heating the house using wood this season. No harm done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.