Came a long ways in a couple of months... Regency I2400 First fire...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Thought I'd check in and let everyone see the progress. I have had several successful scrounges and added to my woodpile. I also dropped a large dead and dry standing pine that is ready to burn now. I have another cord that I had to place at the driveway when it was to wet to drive it around back. I will have to get a picture of it all together later. I finally got aggravated and ugraded to a Stihl MS362, Whoa buddy.. I am so glad I made that purchase!

This is my helper Marshall with his favorite toy.

We had the insert installed yesterday, and have our first fire cruising tonight. Sure is nice sitting here at 75 degrees on a couple splits, rather than 67 degrees with the meter spinning like a fan.

I know its near the end of this burn season, but I am hooked! Can't wait for the next season! Hope you enjoy the pics. Is there anyone here near me in Raleigh, NC?

Have a good evening everyone!

RockyFord

You're certainly off to a great start and it only gets better from here. Keep up the hard work and it will pay dividends every winter.

Reactions: RockyFordOak78
Great looking insert, and welcome to the club. I'm in a similar situation, just got my first insert installed last August. I've been loving having the living room at 80+F in winter without using a drop of oil. Can walk around in a tank top and shorts all winter inside. I've just ordered my first chainsaw (Husqvarna 450E) which arrives Wednesday. I've got several chunks of plum wood to tear into with that. They're too tough for my axe, maul and wedge to crack open. We'll see what the chainsaw has to say about that.

Nice work and good luck with the insert. I have the same one and love it. I have a 22 ton splitter too, but I haven't upgraded my chainsaw yet...soon.

I know its near the end of this burn season, but I am hooked! Can't wait for the next season! Hope you enjoy the pics. Is there anyone here near me in Raleigh, NC?
It's an addiction but not the bad kind, looks like your off to a good start with your wood supply.
My brother used to work in Raleigh, moved back to the home place in Pa. a few years ago.

Thanks guys!

Driver -- It has definitely become an addiction... Like I need another one! LOL Too bad your brother moved, I need to meet more wood burners around here.

Free BTU's -- Get that saw and don't look back!

Reactions: Driver
Love my Regency, just keep an eye on the door gasket. If it gets loose, you will burn through a lot of wood quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.