Can anyone identify this fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ClayB

Oct 26, 2021
Indiana
Can anyone help me identify my fireplace. I can't find any examples of it online. My home was built in 1956 and it has a metal chimney. I am trying to find doors or screens for it. Thank you in advance for any info on this because I'm stumped.
284138-b90143a6552fbeda33a7b7ebfeec065d.jpg
284139-6ed3c85c05828faff9e7f40e815cb94d.jpg

It is not a heat form. It is a prefab fireplace. There should be a label somewhere around the front lip

Reactions: VintageGal
This is a guess, but there was a metal fireplace called the Vestalaire back then. It could have a masonry or metal chimney. This looks like a variation on that theme. There were some independent manufacturers in the midwest that made them but I can't recall the company name. Empire? Or Maybe an old Majestic Circulator?

Look closely around the opening frame for a metal ID tag.

Last edited:
This is a guess, but there was a metal fireplace called the Vestalaire back then. It could have a masonry or metal chimney. This looks like a variation on that theme. There were some independent manufacturers in the midwest that made them but I can't recall the

This is a guess, but there was a metal fireplace called the Vestalaire back then. It could have a masonry or metal chimney. This looks like a variation on that theme. There were some independent manufacturers in the midwest that made them but I can't recall the company name. Empire?
It has venting all around the firebox and the metal inside has holes in the front and back that I assume go to the above vents. I am in Indiana.

Looks like the Fuego Flame I tore out of this place.

Reactions: begreen and ClayB
Glad to help.
It's ambiance only, not much heat output unless you run it very hard, and it is not meant for that.

They are still in business.

Reactions: VintageGal