Can anyone identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Playford

Feb 22, 2017
?
Seller does not have any details, said that he burnt coal in it too, but that it came with house?

Can anyone identify brand or size?
$_86.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't pay more than scrap iron prices for whatever that is. You can get good EPA stoves for cheap- no need to go back to the bad old days of low burn times and high wood usage.

I guess if you plan to burn coal in it, it might be worth a look, but it's got extremely low value as a wood stove.

Seller does not have any details, said that he burnt coal in it too, but that it came with house?
Yeah, like jet said, not worth much. Hold out, you can do better. Start reading here, heating season is about over, then you have all summer to learn and find a stove.

What they said. Also get going on your wood supply now if you haven't already

It is not worth the price it would cost to move it. Even it is only sweat equity!

The handle and door front is reminiscent of a Waterford. Might start looking there if your curious. I wouldn't buy it unless you want to plant flowers or something in it.