Can this be fixed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nashira

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
Hello,
Just wanted to know if I can fix this myself and how. Obviously I have never done anything like this ☺️ but I'd like to give it a go.I don't have a big budget, I like to salvage what I can and this wee burner looks quite sweet 😊
IMG_20230212_154939782_HDR.jpg IMG_20230212_154946751_HDR.jpg IMG_20230212_154943183_HDR.jpgIMG_20230212_154951755_HDR.jpg IMG_20230212_154957939_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly but it's unlikely

Reactions: ckr74
No.

It's a shame, it was once a good little stove. But the broken face frame together with neglect and the elements have reduced it to scrap metal. The door might be able to find a home on eBay or craigslist, but the rest, sadly no.

Reactions: Newbie78
Check with a fabrication shop before you throw it out. I welded a cast iron pump jack and have been using it for close to 40yrs. Cast iron needs to be heated to cherry red before it is welded. But if you really want to restore it check with someone that has the expertise to give you there opinion.

Check with a fabrication shop before you throw it out. I welded a cast iron pump jack and have been using it for close to 40yrs. Cast iron needs to be heated to cherry red before it is welded. But if you really want to restore it check with someone that has the expertise to give you there opinion.
If that was the only issue I would agree but the rest of the stove is in such bad shape I just don't see that it's worth the effort

Thank you 😊 I will certainly consider that x