Can you give it a marketable name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battenkiller said:
ckarotka said:
Woodstock "Genesis" for the birth of new technology.

That's another good one.

I'm saving my best suggestions until I find out if the originator of the chosen name gets a free stove or not. :cheese:
EXODUS or PROMO GIMMICK

The Woodstock Gibraltar

(But I like the Frankenstove name better than any)

OOh, fun. So far I like Grandview and Gilbratar best!!

My contribution is "The Sphinx!" (Giant stone cat)

Backwoods Savage said:
BrotherBart said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Don't worry dennis... You'll be able to keep your job as our spokesman/unofficial sales rep/ and dare I say "mascot" lol

For a guy that was scared to death about your return policy because he would be buying the stove long before the burning season, yeah Dennis I have a long memory, he seems to be your major online sales agent these days.

BB, we have not forgotten. In fact, I talked about this to several folks at Woodstock at the recent bbq party and I've talked to others about it from time to time. The best one was on the day of the bbq, it was getting late and several folks were leaving. A small group of us were by the PT Cruiser that had a Fireview inside ready to haul to Wisconsin (btw, they made it home in good shape). The PT Cruiser had the rear door open and a lady was sitting there. My poor body was a bit tired of standing so I sat down beside her.

Naturally we ended up in a conversation and we had a good time. I thought this lady might have been connected to Woodstock but she did not have a name tag on. No matter though rather she was with Woodstock or not. I recall that Tom eventually wandered over in our direction but I thought nothing of it. I do remember though that something was said that made me say something like, "To tell the truth, I bad mouthed Woodstock on hearth.com." Boy, she perked right up and even called me a name (in fun though). Someone else at that time said something and called my name and when she heard, "Dennis," her eyes opened wide and she looked shocked. She said, "You mean you are the 'real Dennis'? Wow!" I don't recall what else that was said but this was typical of my two days at Woodstock. Later, I found out that I had been talking to the owner's wife.

Oh, btw BB, on that return policy, that was worked out before the sale. lol

My son and I were just about to leave the BBQ and I went over to say goodbye to Dennis and his wife in the parking lot. - I remember a woman yelping in a very loud voice (I think she blew out the Frankenstove's fire all the way inside the building " You mean you are the real Dennis" or something like that. I wondered why she sounded so excited, now I get it! I sure hope we can do this again next year it sure was a blast!

Dennis is the reason they were able to burn that mortgage at the party. :lol:

Todd said:
BrotherBart said:
Dennis is the reason they were able to burn that mortgage at the party. :lol:

Don't forget me. :-/

You are more subtle. ;-)

If we are going to talk about the Concerto of the Woodstock Variety, you have to think of the most woodstove related names there, which are....
Canned Heat vs. Johnny Winter
(In fact, if I had a woodstock stove I think I would have to nickname it Johnny Winter)

Woodstock Versatility

BrotherBart said:
The Woodstock Gibraltar

Man, you're really stuck on pushing that "rock" concept, aren't ya? :lol:

Way I figure it is, you're trying to reach new markets. Soapstone users already know of its virtues, pointing out that the stove is made of stone is just preaching to the choir.

You need universal market appeal when you are naming a product. Pick a name that will conjure up an image of relaxation and warm comfort and folks will buy it even if it's made out of buffalo chips.

Not a Woodstock owner, but I'm throwing "Dante" into the ring...

fire_man said:
Backwoods Savage said:
BrotherBart said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Don't worry dennis... You'll be able to keep your job as our spokesman/unofficial sales rep/ and dare I say "mascot" lol

For a guy that was scared to death about your return policy because he would be buying the stove long before the burning season, yeah Dennis I have a long memory, he seems to be your major online sales agent these days.

BB, we have not forgotten. In fact, I talked about this to several folks at Woodstock at the recent bbq party and I've talked to others about it from time to time. The best one was on the day of the bbq, it was getting late and several folks were leaving. A small group of us were by the PT Cruiser that had a Fireview inside ready to haul to Wisconsin (btw, they made it home in good shape). The PT Cruiser had the rear door open and a lady was sitting there. My poor body was a bit tired of standing so I sat down beside her.

Naturally we ended up in a conversation and we had a good time. I thought this lady might have been connected to Woodstock but she did not have a name tag on. No matter though rather she was with Woodstock or not. I recall that Tom eventually wandered over in our direction but I thought nothing of it. I do remember though that something was said that made me say something like, "To tell the truth, I bad mouthed Woodstock on hearth.com." Boy, she perked right up and even called me a name (in fun though). Someone else at that time said something and called my name and when she heard, "Dennis," her eyes opened wide and she looked shocked. She said, "You mean you are the 'real Dennis'? Wow!" I don't recall what else that was said but this was typical of my two days at Woodstock. Later, I found out that I had been talking to the owner's wife.

Oh, btw BB, on that return policy, that was worked out before the sale. lol

My son and I were just about to leave the BBQ and I went over to say goodbye to Dennis and his wife in the parking lot. - I remember a woman yelping in a very loud voice (I think she blew out the Frankenstove's fire all the way inside the building " You mean you are the real Dennis" or something like that. I wondered why she sounded so excited, now I get it! I sure hope we can do this again next year it sure was a blast!

Tony, sorry that I forgot it was you who came up at that time. It was funny. :lol:

btw, you have a fine son and I'm glad you were able to bring him. As for next year, my wife says she is not making that long trip again. Hum...maybe an airplane ticket would work.

Man, I got left behind in the wrong thread. (sobbing) Thank goodness Den pointed me here, while his computer had a seizure and multiple-posted. Okay, I already suggested:

Firecat in the other thread. Let's add

Synergy

Twinburn

Fulcrum (I particularly like that, and it fits with the naming theme)

Capstone (ditto with the naming theme)

The sad part is my mind tends to think of absurdly inappropriate names. I'll limit myself to Headstone. I'll be back.

ckarotka said:
Woodstock "Genesis" for the birth of new technology.

All I can think of is Phil Collins and American Psycho when I here "Genesis". Neither is a good combination when it comes to a stove purchase.

I never knew about Woodstock till I found this site. The members that have the stoves are, seemingly anyways, respectful, always offer good advice. I found those members who own one always seem to have the Inferno moniker, mostly due to their addiction to the site, but I wonder if somehow owning one of these particular pieces of stove art is a gateway.

So you guessed it...Woodstock Inferno

Now typically this means hell, but the synonyms are, furnace, hellhole, and oven. I think with the combination of secondary combustion, placed for perfect viewing, and a cat for ungodly amounts of heat, Hell isnt a bad comparison. I find that if the well respected members here have to "Earn" that Inferno tag then it must be something quite worthy, the same for this stove.

I just hope I will eventually be able to afford one.

Battenkiller said:
Pick a name that will conjure up an image of relaxation and warm comfort and folks will buy it even if it's made out of buffalo chips.

Calgon?

Hot Tub?

Kardashian?

Pot Roast?

Status
Not open for further replies.