Can you give it a marketable name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Den said:
Wrought by the elves of the White Mountains for protection from the dark forces to the east, Anduril. Beacon of hope to free men everywhere. Symbol of independence from petroleum of the Middle East and labor of the Far East. Anduril, Flame of the West!

I'd buy one of those!

Catchy, and perfect for tapping into the Lord of the Rings market. One stove to rule them all.

Much better than my "Bilbo" idea.

Master Blaster Infero Incinerator Combustor Advanced Duo!

Adena: Feminine form of English Aden meaning fire

Vesta: Roman myth name of a goddess of the hearth. Latin form of Greek meaning "altar, hearth, fireside".

mikepinto65 said:

Vesta: Roman myth name of a goddess of the hearth. Latin form of Greek meaning "altar, hearth, fireside".

I like Adena . . . not so sure on the Vesta . . . sounds too close to the Vespa which I associate with Italian scooters.

firefighterjake said:
mikepinto65 said:

I like Adena . . . not so sure on the Vesta . . . sounds too close to the Vespa which I associate with Italian scooters.

I like Adena best too

Hey all! I have not been on this site in quite some time. As of last week, we were given the official name. It is known as the PROGRESS HYBRID. We are VERY close to put it into production, pending EPA standardized testing or some jumbo-jumbo yadda yadda... our annual open house is "scheduled" for early October-ish..

And October timing sucks! That is archery deer season... But we know how these things can go.

Backwoods Savage said:
And October timing sucks! That is archery deer season... But we know how these things can go.

So true Dennis! A lot of it hinges on when exactly we are 100% ready to unveil our newest breed of wood-burning stove.

I think you did this on purpose.... Next time I'm there I will bring some matches and try to light some fires under......some folks.

The new name went over like a lead balloon here. But we are still excited about the stove in spite of it.

Backwoods Savage said:
I think you did this on purpose.... Next time I'm there I will bring some matches and try to light some fires under......some folks.
Right on! Remember, I'll be the one having a grand time and probably holding my baby girl.. or rather future stovebuilder... lol

Attachments

• 265316_2107883770223_1039429152_2595494_8093678_o.jpg
    265316_2107883770223_1039429152_2595494_8093678_o.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 279085_2107880570143_1039429152_2595490_8018590_o.jpg
    279085_2107880570143_1039429152_2595490_8018590_o.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 354
BeGreen said:
The new name went over like a lead balloon here. But we are still excited about the stove in spite of it.

So true.

Looking forward to the details.

She's gorgeous. Given your choice in the name for your new stove, may I safely assume that your daughter's name is, in fact, Future Stovebuilder? We would have helped with that, too, ya know . . . all you have to do is ask . . .

I think the good folks here at hearth.com should have our own poll and give our own knickname to the stove since the Progress Hybrid just doesn't have the same ring to it as Fireview, Palladin, Keystone, etc.

No, I don't think Jake would be a good name for that stove. Maybe Firebuilder Jake?

Sounds like the employee's at Woodstock already have a nickname for it "BMF" Wonder what that stands for? :lol:

Beautiful & Mighty Fine.

nh_stovebuilder said:
Hey all! I have not been on this site in quite some time. As of last week, we were given the official name. It is known as the PROGRESS HYBRID. We are VERY close to put it into production, pending EPA standardized testing or some jumbo-jumbo yadda yadda... our annual open house is "scheduled" for early October-ish..

Love the stove. Hate the name. It's like Ford's marketing department came up with the name.

Would Edsel be a better name? :lol:

I think they really wanted a different name but decided to change it so they would not have to award me with a new stove.

Someones halfwit uncle come up with that name and no one wanted to hurt his feelings?

How the heck did that make it thru marketing?

Just change it to Stonehenge

I still think the "real" name will be unveiled at their open house, at least I'm hoping so. :lol:

rdust said:
I still think the "real" name will be unveiled at their open house, at least I'm hoping so. :lol:

buzzkill

If they can't come up with a good name, the concensus seems to be that they excelled at coming up with a truly lackluster name. I was thinking about this, trying to come up with a poorer one, and really, I just cannot. And now you propose to take that away from us as well? 'Tis a sorry thing, that . . .

I'd been imagining people being asked what kind of stove they bought, and being unable to remember. "I dunno, but it's about this high, and this wide and it works . . . oh yeah, it's a workin' progress stove . . ."

Status
Not open for further replies.