Can you identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokehoss

May 29, 2015
Kansas
image.jpg
i bought my grandfathers home and need to sell the stove he had installed as we are converting the home to a rental. I don't know how much a good working stoves like this is worth. It has a marking on the interior that appears to say RICH.SON.1818

Any insight is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't identify the make and model, but you can go on Craigslist in your area and see if there are similar looking "older" woodstoves for sale. This might help give you an idea of what to ask for, although prices can be all over the place. The DC area (my area) Craigslist might show something similar to yours, and one person is asking $100 and another person is asking $600. My woodstove is an older model about the same size as yours, judging by the picture. If I were to sell it, and I cleaned it up with new paint and firebricks, I can't imagine I would get more than $250 or so for it.

Looks like a 20-30s vintage cabinet stove. Is this a coal burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.