Canadian Wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Take a look at this stove: Has an optional oven!

canadian_stove1.jpg

This one has a 4 cu ft firebox!

canadian_stove2.jpg

JA Roby Stoves: http://www.ujr.ca/EN/ja_roby_stoves.htm

(I am not associated with them, just think their stoves are interesting!)

Whoa, 25" splits loaded N/S, 3.85 cu ft on a 6" flue, all for $1290 is impressive.

And here I was thinking the best thing to ever come out of Canada was Gordon Lightfoot.........(oh, and my lumberjack Pepere....). Cheers, Jacques!

NH_Wood said:
And here I was thinking the best thing to ever come out of Canada was Gordon Lightfoot.........(oh, and my lumberjack Pepere....). Cheers, Jacques!

And let us not forget that Pam Anderson also hails from Canada, eh... Vous avec moi?

TX-L said:
NH_Wood said:

And let us not forget that Pam Anderson also hails from Canada, eh... vous avec moi?
Je suis avec vous mon ami! Cheers!

BeGreen said:
Whoa, 25" splits loaded N/S, 3.85 cu ft on a 6" flue, all for $1290 is impressive.

That one looks like a brute, indeed. I'd like to see the air system on it - how they're getting a clean burn out of that deep geometry.

There have been many cool canooks influential in the states. Joni Mitchell comes to mind.

Interesting that they give, "Maximum output 0 BTU/h."

The one with the oven is a bit strange looking but is interesting.

I think I'll stick with the Fireview.

No output range given in the manual or sales brochure. Given the firebox size, think NC30 and then some.

The secondary system is the tried-and-true burn tubes under a fiberboard baffle. Looks foolproof to me.

TX-L said:
NH_Wood said:

And let us not forget that Pam Anderson also hails from Canada, eh... Vous avec moi?

ice beer and Molsons with 9.0 alcohal...ah! Great stoves...
md

Said it last year when these came up. I want their wood furnace.

IF I was in the market for a stove, I would look at these. Heck, the border is only 1/2 an hour from home, it would be a good road trip into Ontario or Quebec to have a look. Maybe even make it a weekend and go to Montreal (WOW, is that place amazing!) And bring back some Molson Export Ale. But I just bought a King this fall, so I guess not.

When snowmobiling in Quebec, I always take notice of the wood stoves they have in the various places. Very interesting.

precaud said:
No output range given in the manual or sales brochure. Given the firebox size, think NC30 and then some.

The secondary system is the tried-and-true burn tubes under a fiberboard baffle. Looks foolproof to me.

Assuming this is a typo, it looks like max is 160K BTU.

Attachments

• ja roby ultimate.jpg
    ja roby ultimate.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 495
SteveKG said:
precaud said:
BeGreen said:

There have been many cool canooks influential in the states. Joni Mitchell comes to mind.

Neil Young

+ Alanis Morissette, Leonard Cohen, Sarah McLachlan, Robbie Robertson, Rush!

Comedians:
Martin Short, Jim Carrey, Dan Aykroyd, David Steinberg

Don't forget Canada's top athlete of the year for 3 years running, GSP. A few of you will know who I am talking about.

We got better beer too ;)

And a bunch of good stove mfg's Regency, PE, Drolet, Napoleon

And we got better beer too!

That last point is debatable. I'd love to have a microbrew match sometime.

I checked. They are EPA rated.

At 160K output with the Ultimate I guarantee you there is gonna be a whole lotta glowing going on. Heat your house and light it at the same time.

Bigger than a 30-NC and weighs about the same it has to be all 3/16" plate. Top plate and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.