Can't decide....Englander or Century?.....new to this site and stove heatin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwildz said:
HAHAHA, Admit it, you missed us!
You just couldn't hold back any longer. Lurking, biting your tongue, turning away with every fiber aching to post something.
;) Its good to have ya back.

I`ll second what Hogwildz says, welcome back. And we want lots more of those famous "one-liners"..

ILIKE IT HOT said:
Heres my dellema.....I have a deposit on a Qudra Fire 1100 with the total price with installation is $3300.00 I know these stoves pay for themselves in a couple years but im tryin to save anyway i can...I just went to Lowes to see the Englander 50-snc 13lc....it looks kinda small even though it says it can heat 1800 sqft. and its kinda short. but forthe money its grabbing my eye and i can sub out the install and probably save $1000.00 any advice????

If you don't buy the Quad, go with the 13-NC. Light off a 30-NC in a house that small and by the time it is up to temp you will be sleeping out in the front yard.

And don't be concerned about buying the 13 over a Quad. Seen them both. I don't know what the shouting is about with the Quadrafires.

Now, when ya gonna be thinking about the big things like wood supply, chimney and stuff like that?

30 to big? I have mine going into my 750sf addition, in my 184sf office. Ya think it will be toasty in there?

HAHAHAHA

Hogwildz said:
30 to big? I have mine going into my 750sf addition, in my 184sf office. Ya think it will be toasty in there?

HAHAHAHA

Dont listen to a guy living near a nuke plant. He is used to glowing without his stove even running.

To the origional poster --- Welcome to the forum!

Welcome back BB. :)

Oh yea.. get the E stove. They got good folks that run on this forum.

BrotherBart,

Monessen Hearth Systems issued a 3-page brochure to dealers selling CFM products that indicates they're looking at incorporating the products they bought from CFM into their line of products, but they will only retain the VC and Majestic brand names. The implication is that they may rebrand any of the other stove designs they've bought under their own existing product names, based upon their review of the CFM products' design, etc.

north of 60 said:
Hogwildz said:

HAHAHAHA

Dont listen to a guy living near a nuke plant. He is used to glowing without his stove even running.

I resemble that remark.

BrotherBart said:
OK, I'm back. I passed by and saw this conversation and I think some clarification is needed. When Monessen bought some of the assets of CFM the purchase agreement specifically excluded any of the designs and rights to produce for plate steel stoves. The new owners of VC ain't gonna be making Century or Dutchwest plate steel stoves or parts anytime real soon. Like never, unless they go back to the well.

Buy a Century stove right now and on the way home you need to drop off a case of good beer at your nearest welding shop. Or iron works in the case of baffles. And the baffle is really the only exposure you have with the stoves and my local iron works will make one of them in a half hour for a hundred bucks if you drag the remains of the old one in for a pattern.
And i was just about steal your avtar,welcome back BB. :p

And i was just about steal your avtar,welcome back BB. :p

That would of been like using the number 99.

Can only comment on the 13 NC since its what I run. Great stove, easy to operate, throws more heat than I need in my 1000 sq ft ranch, and just plain does what its suppose to do.

Also (not that I've needed it) from what I understand the customer service is second to none. A company that actually stands behind their product......what a concept.

Nice to see you back Bart. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.