cant hook

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Peavey user here. Might look at timberjacks too. A little cumbersome for working a log pile, but they have their place.

I got a 4' LogRite Cant Hook and it is great. I've been stuck before at someone's place where the logs were too big to roll by hand or foot and ended up destroying my chain in the dirt. The cant hook is a must for me. I just finished picking up a cord of hickory and needed to roll 24"x8' logs out of a pile. It wasn't easy but the LogRite got the job done.

Just down-cut about 3/4 of the way through, flip it over and up-cut to make one continuous cut.

Reactions: Soundchasm
looking into getting a cant hook....anyone use them? what ones would you recomend?

Longer handled ones allow you to move much bigger logs. After about 6 feet they become cumbersome. Longer handles also need to be stronger so they are generally more expensive.

looking into getting a cant hook....anyone use them? what ones would you recomend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Logrite ,fantastic tool ,i have the six foot,couldn't do without it.

I bought a Peavey timberjack. and I remove the T piece if I need to use it as a cant hook. Very stout handle. $76 plus shipping.
The first one I bought had a half inch split near the screw hole and the T piece was a little crooked. I called because I thought maybe it was made on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning and someone used too much force putting it together. The secretary put me right through to Mr. Peavey. He was shocked and apologized. He was a very nice fellow. He sent me another one for free and I gave the defective one to my brother in law.

Reactions: TreePointer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
You didn't say what you were using it for exactly. Consider a pickaroon as well if it is for general wrestling around of logs that aren't too large.

Have the 48” logrite. I really like it. Very heavy duty.