Castle Serenity- Control Unit while on Weekly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nicoleg906

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Hello All

Newly purchased a Castle Serenity over the weekend. Still figuring and fine tuning the unit. Set the weekly mode to come on before we woke this morning. Guns blazing at 5am this thing was going strong on speed five. It went down to one for a half hour. Then blazed back up to five. Is there any way on weekly mode to control the number the unit works at?

I have had baseboard electric heat for ten years. We finally sucked it up and got one. Should of done it years ago.

Attachments

• AE041761-E218-42F3-9276-90BC852761A8.jpeg
    AE041761-E218-42F3-9276-90BC852761A8.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 117
Someone more familiar with the electronics may be able to ad detail, but all I see in the manual, is ability to set "temp" in weekly mode. No heat number settings, just temp. Which, by default I guess would go to any heat number setting to retain the set temp.

Deezl is correct the stove will just run at what ever heat level necessary to maintain set temp.

One of my few complaints about the stove. When it drops below the set temp, it goes to 5 until it reaches the set temp again. Should ramp up slowly depending how many degrees it is below the set temp.

Set temp lower. I have temp on 67 so it will be always on level one unless it's like in the teens out. My temp reads 68 to 69 even on level one when my weekly mode temp is set to 67.