Castle Serenity Stove Shooting Flaming Pellets Do not buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gregbear

Feb 11, 2021
PA
I purchased a castle serenity pellet stove and this video is the outcome . Due partly to covid and unforseen illness from my professional installer the warranty was out of date but it was never even turned on until installed . They would not help me at all ! No castle trained service technicians in my area . I submitted to them another paid techs invoice that the stove was found defective in their opinion and no help .That was after they asked me to get it . They lied alot and told me they would help me but would not return calls .They told me they would reimburse me for my techs fees which they did not . hunk of junk !

2 causes for that problem are either your exhaust blower is running to fast or the run of your exhaust vent is to short or a combination of both. Adjust the voltage for the combustion blower down as far as you can but still maintain a lively flame. The other thing is at least a 5 ft. vertical rise in the exhaust run which you should have either way in the event of a power outage.

Am I seeing flaming embers coming out of the stove ??

2 causes for that problem are either your exhaust blower is running to fast or the run of your exhaust vent is to short or a combination of both. Adjust the voltage for the combustion blower down as far as you can but still maintain a lively flame. The other thing is at least a 5 ft. vertical rise in the exhaust run which you should have either way in the event of a power outage.
There is over a 6ft rise inside the home that then extends out wards just over 3 ft . The exhaust blower has been adjusted down as well as the air flow opening below the burn pot adjusted in many different configurations . Atthe lower settings the unit would actually overheat and then shut down . All along there would be the same issue . Yes there was some decrease but not nearly enough to fix the dangerous issue .

Not sure what I'm looking at, is this a recording of a recorded video playback? Where are flaming pellets coming from?
Exactly the video was too big so this is my quick version of scaling down the video . They are coming from the exhaust outside the home hitting the ground and staying lit .

Reduce the voltage for the combustion motor, that will slow it down some. Close the damper for the intake. Then open it enough to keep a good active flame.
6D87ABC4-0487-455B-A8A6-74687D506852.png

how long did the stove sit before your turned it on? Warranty is from date of purchase not date from when supplier received it... Sounds/looks like you have not totally figured the operation and settings of your stove. Lots of people own this stove with no issues.

how long did the stove sit before your turned it on? Warranty is from date of purchase not date from when supplier received it... Sounds/looks like you have not totally figured the operation and settings of your stove. Lots of people own this stove with no issues.
And lots of people own it with the same problem . Search the threads

Wow u could type that but could not answer the questions... I just did a search seen one post with similar issue that was a easy fix... everything else was similar issues to other stoves and people learning how to use them properly....
I asked u simple questions, pointing out when warranty starts.

Reactions: Jake86
This is helpful, how?
It is not helpful just stating a fact
People are trying to help him and it
seems he only wants his money back
Hent's Buyers Remorse
Just my nickels worth (we don't have pennies in Canada )

I expect nothing . zrock a one minute search on google shows me this
and then this
and then this
and this and theres way more but i dont have time ...
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/castle-serenity-lots-of-ash.157734/ .....

Did you try what Ssyko suggested? We were all “new” to pellet stoves at one point and found this forum....I’ve been fortunate enough to have the ambition to learn as much as I can about mine, much like most here.

Sorry but 3 threads is not a huge issue especially with 3 of them being over 5 years old and the issue solved... Have you even tried any of the suggestion's here or in those posts.. Did you do your research before buying you would have seen those posts... You still cannot answer the simple questions i asked you just keep posting things trying to condemn the stove.. Sucks when you have issues with something but to me you just seem to want to complain about it instead of answering questions from people that are trying to help you and solve the issue

Did you try what Ssyko suggested? We were all “new” to pellet stoves at one point and found this forum....I’ve been fortunate enough to have the ambition to learn as much as I can about mine, much like most here.
Not me. I'm here because my other forum went bust. I started out with IBC about 30 years ago., but then I'm a corn burner anyway.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Yes we know you’re special
Not me. I'm here because my other forum went bust. I started out with IBC about 30 years ago., but then I'm a corn burner anyway.
And yes I’m joking/busting yer balls

Last edited:
Reactions: SidecarFlip