Castle Serenity Vacuum Switch Discontinued

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gdhsred

Sep 26, 2017
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Hi there,

I'm wondering what to do about a discontinued part once it fails. Ardisam says the Lefoo 720238 vacuum switch is no longer available. Now mine hasn't failed yet, but if it does, how interchangeable is this part with another manufacturer, if an alternate even exists??

It seems like I'm replacing something on this every year and so far haven't had an issue with the replacement parts. Just noticed today that this one says discontinued and got a little worried heading into winter. Any insights on compatible parts that could be used instead of the Lefoo would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much for any help/feedback.

Best-Greg

Awesome, thanks for that info and your link takes me right to the part. It's odd though because when I go to the Ardisam website I'm not given anything along the left side for "categories" and even backing out of your link to their home page I can't repeat getting the site layout that you do. Here are a couple of shots. First one from you with that tool bar on the left. The second from their home page and choosing "parts" from their tool bar in red at the top of the page that I can get to.

1663968858980.png

1663968868348.png

The only features I can access is from this black drop down list that once you pick your model it just has these pages with a picture of one portion of the unit with all the parts numbers and then a place to pick your part and add to care, like this:

1663968883518.png

Also the page that lists this part as discontinued, doesn't reference a new version, just has a link that says "what does this mean" for discontinued.... basically your SOL.....

1663968900437.png

I'm very interested how you're able to navigate in the site to get the tool bar on the left under "categories"??? Any thoughts there??

Thanks-Greg

Ardisam says the Lefoo 720238 vacuum switch is no longer available.

I always boasted about how great Ardisam's customer service is. When you called/email them about this part, did they offer the substitute part for this? I would be very surprised that they wouldn't look it up for you if asked about it.