catalytic combuster supplier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nagrod

Nov 15, 2019
New York
My 4 year old combuster has shed a few pieces of the webbing so I will be replacing it at the end of this burning season. I expected it to last longer but there was a learning curve. Looking online I see a big range of cost for a new one to fit my VC Encore flexburn 2040. Has anyone found that buying one from anyone other than VC is a reasonable option or is it a case of getting what you pay for? Any recommendations?

Reactions: nagrod
Ditto.
(If you search online you may find a hearth and home store selling them; occasionally the prices may be better, it just depends. As far as I’ve learned from my research, there’s only a few manufacturers producing catalysts. We purchased our last from Hechler’s in MO because it was a little cheaper and included on of the gaskets. The catalyst they sell for our Buck stove was the same Applied Ceramics brand.)

Reactions: nagrod
Thanks for the info! I ordered a Midwest steel combuster and it arrived yesterday. First fire with it last night and what a difference! Thanks to all who replied.