Cats ordered!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got a bit of dry wood left, that App will be purring. :)

Woody, No dry wood left. going tomorrow to try and find some.:(

That'a boy Stan. Good move on the cats. Can't wait to hear how it works out.

Woody, No dry wood left. going tomorrow to try and find some.:(
If you can find some broken-off limbs that have been lying around a while but are still solid, then maybe mix in some construction scrap 2x4s, maybe you can get some good cat action (no plywood or treated wood, will poison the combustor as will colored paper, etc. Only pure wood.) All I know, from previous experience, is that cats don't like water. ;sick

Does it look like the cat will be easy to put in?

Report back on the cat action when you get 'er rockin'... ::-)

Yes it looks easy to put in the cays.
Any one knows where I get some eco-bricks the TC's around me are out.

Stan, do I remember from last year that you bought this stove but it didn't have cats in it? Funny, I bought one just like it in early winter '11 and it didn't have cats in it either. Only had it about a week when I found the buck 91 on CL and couldn't turn it down. If you have been running without them you are in for a real treat I'm guessing. Keep us posted.

its common for folks that are old smoke dragon types that burn green wood to not have cats in them. THey cut wood the same as they always did burn it green and ruin their cats. I know a guy who got a buck for a deal and talks about the crumbling cats that one day just fell out and he is running it like that and "one day" will get new ones??

My Cats are in but not in the stove. I will be putting them in the wood stove Saturday.

Look forward to the reports on how much more heat you're going to be getting out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.