Cats?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I expected somebody to show up for a good while.

It was a year before I figured out why she ran away from wherever home was. We walk in the woods most every day. One day as we were nearing the road I heard the sounds of some little kids playing. The usual cacophony of little kid chatter and laughter. Her eyes got as big as saucers and she did a 180 and ran flat out back into the woods. Not any other time before or since has she done other than follow me or come toward me.

I am convinced she came from somewhere with little kids that played too rough with her.

Our cat is a basket case. If there is a basket or box around he will find it. I tried this product a couple weeks ago and he immediately adopted the box He was especially contented because it was close to the stove.

Attachments

• minpin1.jpg
    minpin1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 258
  • minpin2.jpg
    minpin2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 241
BeGreen said:
Our cat is a basket case. If there is a basket or box around he will find it. I tried this product a couple weeks ago and he immediately adopted the box He was especially contented because it was close to the stove.

:lol: My cat would love that box... it combines two of the things she likes most: boxes & heat! She'll lay right up against the heat registers at my parent's house just soaking up the heat... also, if there is a box in sight, she's almost instantly jumping in it... even if it is already full of stuff...

SnowLeopard . . . made my day with the "Canceling son's spay/neuter/euthanasia appointment" comment.

'Bert . . . great pics.

BeGreen . . . my cat Theodore Roosevelt who went MIA had a thing for baskets and boxes . . . if there was an empty one he would be in it . . . all we could figure is that it reminded him of when he was a kitten since my wife said the house she got him from kept all the kittens in a laundry basket.

Mt Ski Bum said:
BeGreen said:

:lol: My cat would love that box... it combines two of the things she likes most: boxes & heat! She'll lay right up against the heat registers at my parent's house just soaking up the heat... also, if there is a box in sight, she's almost instantly jumping in it... even if it is already full of stuff...

We've left the box there for him. The product was not so hot, but he loves that box, especially when the stove is running.

He likes the heat and he's nippliferous. Not sure of the spelling on that word, but everyone understand when I point at him and use the word. ☺

His name is Iggy, P. Iggy, or Mr. Big. They all suit him well.

Attachments

• DSC01553-Small.jpg
    DSC01553-Small.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC01555-Small.jpg
    DSC01555-Small.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.