Caught in the act

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD shot down Spartacus and Pan, as I expected.

Took some almonds and ground them up, threw in a chocolate graham cracker and some melted butter, pressed it into a bowl. Heated up chocolate chips and cream, mixed them up and poured that into the bowl on top of the crust. Made some cranberry sauce (berries, oj, sweetener) and cut that into the chocolate-cream mixture. Put in frig to cool. Preliminary taste tests during cooling process suggest that a rich mixture like this could best be tempered by a dollop of whipped cream.

Hearth.com--death by chocolate.

I may have missed the window of opportunity for naming the cat.

Darkness is falling, so decided it was time to build a fire. Turned over the remnants of a log in the stove and found enough coal left in it from last night's fire to restart this one. Seemed like a good portent.

"death by chocolate"

There's her name
cool0044.gif

snowleopard said:
DD shot down Spartacus and Pan, as I expected.

Took some almonds and ground them up, threw in a chocolate graham cracker and some melted butter, pressed it into a bowl. Heated up chocolate chips and cream, mixed them up and poured that into the bowl on top of the crust. Made some cranberry sauce (berries, oj, sweetener) and cut that into the chocolate-cream mixture. Put in frig to cool. Preliminary taste tests during cooling process suggest that a rich mixture like this could best be tempered by a dollop of whipped cream.

Hearth.com--death by chocolate.

I may have missed the window of opportunity for naming the cat.

Darkness is falling, so decided it was time to build a fire. Turned over the remnants of a log in the stove and found enough coal left in it from last night's fire to restart this one. Seemed like a good portent.

Ooo...you gotta make your own, it's sooo much better than store bought!!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
"death by chocolate"

There's her name
cool0044.gif

Sounds great Snow. I'm drooling over my keyboard!.... If you are a chocoholic "Marcel Desaulniers Death by Chocolate"-awesome...James Beard award winner

Carob chip is a good sub if worried about animal issues

eclecticcottage said:

I do not understand. Make my own . . . chocolate chips? Graham crackers? Cat? Death by chocolate?

Dix, since chocolate is poisonous to cats, it seems in questionable taste, like naming a horse Colic . . .

snowleopard said:
eclecticcottage said:

I do not understand. Make my own . . . chocolate chips? Graham crackers? Cat? Death by chocolate?

Dix, since chocolate is poisonous to cats, it seems in questionable taste, like naming a horse Colic . . .

Lol..sorry that wasn't very clear was it? Whipped cream.

He's our cat hater! They have been buds since they were rescued. Abby from the pound and mitten was a wondering stray that dicided to hang out under our deck. A little cat food and she followed my son in and has never tried to go out again! They spend their days lounging together. The odd couple?

Attachments

• Abby_Mitten.jpg
    Abby_Mitten.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 201
I wish we could trust our current dog with a cat....the last family that had her said she chased theirs around and they locked it away from her because they were afraid she would attack it, and whenever she sees the one that lives around here outside she goes bananas, backing, hackles, teeth. Couldn't care less about the squirrels, so it's not a small animal thing..

Cute picture, j-.

In her glory days, my dog would have chased any cat (squirrel, etc.) in the blink of an eye. Her frustration and outrage as Chief Security Officer, when we did not respond to her clear-and-present-danger warnings about the security breach in Sector 6, All Hands, All Hands was immense. The cat's response to her (half-grown kitten, at the time) was "Meh." Sometimes the dog could not resist a small nibble, but this cat would then turn around, sit up on her haunches, and smack her. Finally one day she drew blood, the dog yelped, and they started working things out from there.

EC, I finally figured out that must be what you were talking about. The tart or torte or whatever that was didn't survive long enough for me to whip the cream for it. I have a little countertop mixer that whips up cream in a minute. I never buy.

Ziggy is gone, but the Dixette still has his brother Bob.

Murphy & Bob to not get along like this, however
animal0019.gif

01_01_1.jpg

Yup, my 6 lb tortie cat and my 70 lb dog came to a working relationship. She so much as looked at him cross-eyed and he hit the deck, flat as a pancake and quivered. Cat brooked no misbehavior, nor poor manners. She detested dogs, on principle, and made it known from the get go that they were only to be barely tolerated IF they behaved. She made The Dog Whisperer look like a lax push over.

snowleopard, Thats the funny part. We have 4 cats and this is the only one she likes. The other 3 get chased at the drop of a hat. Its not claw related as she is declawed. The others do have claws. She also hates squirrels and chipmunks. Loves to chase them out of the yard. It was real hard to get her not to mess with the chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.