Central Boiler 5036

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man has absolutley abused his boiler and its still going.
Hard to call that a bad investment for him.

Eric Johnson said:
When I bought it and cleaned it out, I found an old wheel cylinder from a set of drum brakes in the firebox. Do you think the previous owner might have been burning garbage?

Nawwww . . . If ya get the iron red hot, sometimes you can get the aluminum pistons to free up . . . he just went back in the shop, got another beer, and forgot about the wheel cylinder The aluminum probably just got mixed in with the ashes:roll:

I've been told that the local CB dealer here built his new house with a gas furnace, no wood. How ya 'spose he got'z the money for the gas. . . . and new house???

Dead btu, this reminds me of an owb maker down the road 30 miles. I stopped in their office and they were loading a pellet stove. Went in their shop and they were not useing anything to heat it with, not even their own product. Makes a guy think if they didn't even use their own owb why should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.