central CT scroungers...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
this is right behind my house in some small construction area. told my wood-burning neighbor about it and he brushed it off when he saw the pine mixed in there. if anyone wants to see about it, let me know and i'll tell you where it is exactly. i need to reassess/fix my transportation situation before i try to do any serious scrounging again, but for those with the right tools...

wood.jpg

depending on where it is....I'd be tempted, but the divorce would be too expensive....gotta pass:(

I wish I could, by I do not have a pick-up or any real means of taking it with me. It is my biggest issue with scrounging. Crossover can only hold about a 4th of a cord tops. Trailer can only hold half a ton.

Looks good! I am envious, but won't get a chance to get to it b/f someone else.

I have been in contact by e-mail with the guy from this craigslist ad. I am going to try and meet him this weekend. He seems very legit and even offered to send me more pictures. Figured I would share if anyone else is close to Fairfield.
00A0A_aKA4V964gWw_600x450.jpg

After recently clearing the land behind my house (30+ trees) I have a conservative 5-7 cords worth of wood that I need gone.

It is already cut to length, and can be accessed through my neighbors yard - they've already given permission to drive down to the wood.

It is a mixture of red oak, black birch, beech, and tulip. (Primarily Oak and Tulip) All cut to 12-18 inch lengths. Some of the trees were well over 100 ft tall, so some of the wood is heavy.

I'm happy to help load it if we can agree on a time that works for both of us.

Picture only shows some of the wood, not all of it. Logs pictured in front were cut shorter after picture was taken. Can send more pics upon request.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/zip/4157996875.html

Status
Not open for further replies.