Century S244 Installed in small cabin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Neumie

Nov 26, 2019
MN, United States
Put this little stove in over Christmas so we had a nice warm place to spend New Year’s Eve. I’m super happy with how things turned out.

Its in a 12x16 cabin on the property we live on. Puts out good heat, and glass stays nice and clear.

I’d have appreciated updated instructions from Duravent but figured things out eventually. If you have any questions let me know.

EAFA3C45-183C-4572-A3D5-96C3908D42EE.jpeg

Reactions: Stinkpickle
That's a good little cabin stove. It's been around forever.

Nice little heater for its size/cost. Can put out some pretty intense heat. I had one installed for a couple winters. Easily kept my place toasty. Enjoy!

Knowing you bought it used are the overhead firebrick that make up the rear portion of the baffle installed? I have a buddy who bought one used that was missing them.

Nice little heater for its size/cost. Can put out some pretty intense heat. I had one installed for a couple winters. Easily kept my place toasty. Enjoy!

Knowing you bought it used are the overhead firebrick that make up the rear portion of the baffle installed? I have a buddy who bought one used that was missing them.

it does give off good heat, we had the window open on New Years Eve.

The firebricks were still in the cardboard box they came in. I installed them laterally where intended. Thanks

I removed the two brass trim strips. I thought they looked cheap. Total install costs $400 stove, $725 chimney, $35 hearth.

Reactions: moresnow
it does give off good heat, we had the window open on New Years Eve.

The firebricks were still in the cardboard box they came in. I installed them laterally where intended. Thanks

I removed the two brass trim strips. I thought they looked cheap. Total install costs $400 stove, $725 chimney, $35 hearth.
Sounds like it went together nicely. Any pics of the cabin? Roughly where in Mn are you at? I spent many many nights in a cabin in N.Mn. over the years. We had a ancient VC Vigilant in that cabin up near Barnum. -38F outside and -28 inside one time when we arrived! Needless to say the stove got a workout.

Sounds like it went together nicely. Any pics of the cabin? Roughly where in Mn are you at? I spent many many nights in a cabin in N.Mn. over the years. We had a ancient VC Vigilant in that cabin up near Barnum. -38F outside and -28 inside one time when we arrived! Needless to say the stove got a workout.
No recent winter pic, here is a summer pic. We’re near Grand Rapids, 100 mi NW of Barnum.

Attachments

• 0642A7A1-152A-4EB4-804C-29728CF07BA4.jpeg
    0642A7A1-152A-4EB4-804C-29728CF07BA4.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: moresnow