CFM Plymouth hws10-same stove as aspen??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick53

Feb 15, 2007
This is my first time posting here, and would like to say this is a great forum. Lots of good information to be had. One thing that I cannot find is much information about CFM's plymouth hws10 stove. I saw this stove at a local tractor supply and was wondering if it is just a VC aspen with a different name?? It appears to me to be the same stove based on it's heat output and by the looks of the stove. Also if there are differences between the two what are they?? This seems like a good sized stove for my house (675 sq ft), and if I can get it on sale at the end of this season I'll snatch it up. They are currently asking $488 for the stove less 20%.

Nick

Don't know but that is a great price for a little thermostatically controlled stove.

You betcha.

Same stove. That is a very good price, although you might be asking a little much of it at 675sqft. I believe its rated for only 18000 BTU/hr and 600 sq ft. Its on the small side, but I have one and I can say that the appearence and design is damn solid.

Can't comment on the performance yet though.

Thanks for the fast replies. I plan on using the stove as a supplement to my natural gas forced air unit. The stove will mainly be used evenings and weekends when I'm home and able to keep an eye on the stove. Also as a backup heat source in the event of a power outage. I do not have any intention of running the stove 24/7 and using it to provide 100% of my heat.

I'm also thinking of the jotul 602, but they are a little more $$ than what this stove is. If the jotul is a lot better of a stove I'll save up a little longer and buy that stove. Still unsure of which small stove to go with. Is the jotul worth the extra $$ in everyone's opinion??

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Nick

Well I can't comment on the Jotul, because I don't have one.

But the Aspen (Pyromaster), has thermostatic air control, an ashpan and is firebrick lined. Jotul has none of those things. I do however, think the Jotul 602 is an extremely neat stove, and I'm not putting it down in any way. If I could get one at the right price, I'd snag one of them in a heartbeat as well.

Nick I picked upan Century 2700 same as the dutchwest 2700 that is better suited to heat that area or the Englander Nc-13 selling 50% off ant Home Depots my 2700
with the blower atachment sold for $288 I don't know if any are still around they started the discounts a couple weeks back my area stores only had one Nc-13 last Saturday

BTW the Aspen is a decent stove

Status
Not open for further replies.