Chain bar oil dispenser

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MoDoug

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2018
NE Missouri
Not really much here. I always seem to make a mess when refilling the chain bar oil out of the gallon container, so I am re-purposing a Karo syrup bottle to keep it less mess. I can control it much easier and the flip cap makes it quick and easy for storage. Of course I do need to refill it after a day of cutting.

Bar Oil.JPG

Not really much here. I always seem to make a mess when refilling the chain bar oil out of the gallon container, so I am re-purposing a Karo syrup bottle to keep it less mess. I can control it much easier and the flip cap makes it quick and easy for storage. Of course I do need to refill it after a day of cutting.

View attachment 267838
I definitely would not keep it in the pantry next to the pancake mix.
I use a 1 gal gas container. You have to remove the internal vent in the spout to get good flow. Works well for me

I just use the 1 gallon jug the oil comes in, except I only poke a 3/8" diameter hole in one side of the foil seal, makes it way easier to control the pour and I don't need another container laying around.

I used a squirt bottle for a bit. Mostly for extra oiling when milling. Now I use this. Fast and no spills. Big long cuts I can’t get through on one tank. So having a couple hours of gas and oil in the same spot is nice. It’s not red so you must buy from an international seller .
F1EB424F-4317-4728-B809-02A2F89C3C43.png

Reactions: MoDoug
I just poke a slot at the edge of the foil with my scrench, a quick squeeze and the tank is full. I did that with the first jug of oil I ever bought. I still remember when a tree feller friend pulled the cap, saw that and just casually said "nice"

Most of those squeeze lids are uniform sizes. Try to find a syrup bottled or dish soap lid that will fit.

I definitely would not keep it in the pantry next to the pancake mix.
I use a 1 gal gas container. You have to remove the internal vent in the spout to get good flow. Works well for me

It would help the pancakes slide through. LOL I wouldn't keep the gas can next to the lawn mower. Just kidding of course! ==c

I installed these on my new gas cans.

vent.jpg

I just poke a slot at the edge of the foil with my scrench, a quick squeeze and the tank is full. I did that with the first jug of oil I ever bought. I still remember when a tree feller friend pulled the cap, saw that and just casually said "nice"

Most of those squeeze lids are uniform sizes. Try to find a syrup bottled or dish soap lid that will fit.

It's always to get a subtle compliment like that.

We use plastic liquid laundry detergent bottles.
They pour well and any liquid that drips down spout, collects around collar, and drains back into bottle.

Reactions: JimBear and MoDoug
Easy poor.
It's got "stickifiers", which means it gets all over. Stuff drains back in - fill and go.

1108201634.jpg

This in reference to the idea of not keeping the oil next to the pancake syrup. I had a rather crazy uncle who like cheap wine. He came over one time when no one was home. I had scrounged up a T-bird bottle and used it for bleeding the brakes. It was about half full of brake fluid when he found it on the garage shelf while waiting for us to come home. I think he said he got a couple of swallows done before he realized it was not T-bird in the bottle.