Cheat River Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paigewi

Dec 12, 2011
Central Pa
Can someone give me information on Cheat River Pellets. I bought 6 bags today at the local Lowe's to give them a try. I have never heard of them before, but thought maybe some has. My stove will burn most anything, Harman P68, but would like to know if they burn hot or are very ashy. Thanks for the help.

I ran a little bit of them and they worked decent and had good heat. There was some long ones in there but nothing your stove wont handle. Ash wasnt out of hand but sort of in the middle. Less than GT and more than Somerset or Turman if youve tried any of those brands.

my experience with cheat rivers is the same as boosted, decent heat, average ash

I have a ton of them from Lowes in NE PA. I've been burning them all season in my BigE. Of course the BigE would burn rabbit pellets with no issue if you wanted it to. I have no problems with them giving off great heat. A little more ashey than my last years PrestoLogs though but that has no affect on my stove. I let it pile up until it's almost coming out the door. It does not have the ash pan.

Can someone give me information on Cheat River Pellets. I bought 6 bags today at the local Lowe's to give them a try. I have never heard of them before, but thought maybe some has. My stove will burn most anything, Harman P68, but would like to know if they burn hot or are very ashy​
As with any wood pellet anywhere in the world, everyone here will have different things to say about these pellets. The absolute best "information" that you will find on these pellets and all of the answers that you are seeking, will be available to you first hand once you burn these 6 bags and see how they do in your stove. Give them a shot and report back.....

I started the season with 2 tons of Cheat River ($219 ton) and 1.5 tons of Somersets ($209 ton). I got 2 tons of Cheat Rivers early because there were no Somersets available and I wanted to get a couple tons before it turned cold and then the Somersets arrived. There is noticeably more ash with the Cheat Rivers but nothing that is alarming. As far as the heat output with our stove they are about the same, I would not hesitate to buy Cheat Rivers if they were available at that price again.

Status
Not open for further replies.