Check THIS out: Wall mounted ventless glass fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wilson

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Orient Point, NY
Okay, it doesn't burn wood, and there's no flue... and maybe its only suited to a small midtown apartment, but it's definitely interesting.
Says it has a 2.6 Kilowatt output, but I have no idea what that is in BTUs, seeing as I only know kilowatt output as it refers to linear amplifiers. Anyone?

Here's the LINK and sales info:

The West Country Fires Vertigo gas fire is a seriously sexy piece intended for interiors that cry out for original and forward-thinking designs. The Vertigo adds a new dimension to any living space with its futuristic design, cool warming functionality and instant results.

A Gas Fire of Contrasts
The Vertigo gas fire adds a great level of diversity to your interior by incorporating a number of compelling design features. The sleek rectangular facia is a strong and glossy finish which reflects light when switched off. It also breaks up the lines and adds depth to your interior by sitting away from the surface of the walls. Within the glass front, the fire is surrounded by a wide, dark black frame which is embellished when the fire springs into life and the panoramic flames flicker away soothingly. Finally, the fire juts out from the wall on aluminium arms which add a different texture and enhances the sleek finish.

The Gas Fire in Operation
When up and running, the Vertigo gas fire uses advanced technology to literally breathe life into your room. Utilising a patented catalytic system, the fire has the ability to burn off the odorous and stale air in the room and efficiently return warm and neutral air back into your airspace. As a result, beyond the 100% efficient natural gas usage, 2.6kw of pure heat and simple manual operating system, the sleek gas fire fully enhances the atmosphere and ambiance of your environment.

Simple Installation Process
Erecting the Vertigo gas fire is very simple and straightforward as it can be fixed to most walls through the supplied fixing template. No hearth, no recess and no expensive building work is needed which makes life so much easier when investing in a powerful gas fire. As a result, once we have gone through your specific aesthetic requirements and architectural configurations, we can ensure your unique fire is up and running almost immediately.

Attachments

• Vertigo20600.jpg
    Vertigo20600.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 486
Very sexy and cool. But I'd want to have a CO reading on that right away. Gas doesn't burn without by-products. It would be nice if they posted more info on this and the catalytic process used.

Mike Wilson said:
Okay, it doesn't burn wood, and there's no flue... and maybe its only suited to a small midtown apartment, but it's definitely interesting.
Says it has a 2.6 Kilowatt output, but I have no idea what that is in BTUs, seeing as I only know kilowatt output as it refers to linear amplifiers. Anyone?

Kilowatt is a measure of power and BTU is a measure of energy so you cannot make a direct conversion you need to define a period of time to be able to make a conversion.

2.6 KW = 8878 BTU if they are produced in a 1 hour period = 148 BTU per minute = 2.5 BTU per second

tradergordo said:
Sounds perfect for a bathroom!

I agree, there's so much gas created in our bathroom at work probably wouldn't need to pipe it into the gas lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.