Cherry Burl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I had brought two Cherry Burls to a neighbor who did his first ever bowl for us, he brought it down tonight and we had a nice talk while having some coffee.

Attachments

• 104_0678.JPG
    104_0678.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 162
  • 104_0679.JPG
    104_0679.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 104_0680.JPG
    104_0680.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 104_0681.JPG
    104_0681.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 104_0682.JPG
    104_0682.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 176
gorgeous that is really nice work
He was telling us he learned alot from his grandfather who would let him do a project but only offer advice.

Sweet gift!!

Reactions: thewoodlands
When we sadly had to take down the old maple next to the house I saved some burls and interesting joints and gave them to a local bowl maker. He turned some beautiful pieces from them and gave me a couple bowls in return. It's nice to see the beauty of the wood celebrated this way.

Reactions: thewoodlands
When we sadly had to take down the old maple next to the house I saved some burls and interesting joints and gave them to a local bowl maker. He turned some beautiful pieces from them and gave me a couple bowls in return. It's nice to see the beauty of the wood celebrated this way.
I'm going to get him a few more burls for his own use for doing the bowl for us, I've been looking on the house lot where we have hardwoods but nothing yet so I'll go back to our bigger lot that's all woods where there are plenty of burls.