Cherry Down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went for a small ride after the Hemlock was cleared from the trail, found this nice size Cherry down in this area. I came in from the topside then down the hill, this spring this trail needs some stump clearing so we can use it once everything grows up in the summer.

In picture 4373 the Cherry is to the right.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4372.jpg
    100_4372.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 100_4373.jpg
    100_4373.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 472
  • 100_4371.jpg
    100_4371.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 465
Got a little snow overnight Zap?

weatherguy said:

Just a dusting, looks like this next week won't bring much either.

zap

zapny said:
weatherguy said:

zap

If your in upstate NY you may have a chance at the end of the week, models are trending towards something inrteresting, we'll see.

weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy said:

zap

If your in upstate NY you may have a chance at the end of the week, models are trending towards something inrteresting, we'll see.

Thanks for the info, we are in Northern NY. Who's model are you following?

zap

Hey zap, we found a couple cherry trees that could use cutting this year. I haven't cut one for a couple years now that I can remember. Still got tons of ash to cut.

zapny said:
weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy said:

zap

zap

I looked at the Euro, GFS and the Ukie

weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy said:

zap

zap

Can you throw up a link.

zap

zapny said:
weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy said:
zapny said:
weatherguy" date="1322968184 said:

zap

zap

http://www.txtornado.net/menu.htm

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models.html

Can you throw up a link.

zap

As always, thanks for the great pic's, Zap. I rate cherry as "best all-around wood ". It burns great everytime here. Good work! What do you have now, about a million cords?

Wood cutter & photographer.
Nice pictures :)

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey zap, we found a couple cherry trees that could use cutting this year. I haven't cut one for a couple years now that I can remember. Still got tons of ash to cut.

Not much Ash this way Sav, wish we had more.

zap

Gark said:
As always, thanks for the great pic's, Zap. I rate cherry as "best all-around wood ". It burns great everytime here. Good work! What do you have now, about a million cords?

If the big snow holds off and I get my arse out of this recliner we should be close to seven years ahead, six years ahead at the moment.

zap

bogydave said:
Wood cutter & photographer.
Nice pictures :)

Bogydave, how is that skating rink doing?

zap

Looks like easy pickings zap. I have one down two on my trail but waiting for my elbow to heal up. Golfer's elbow, tendonitis. Never realized how something like that can be so disabling. It is a pain to be getting older.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Looks like easy pickings zap. I have one down two on my trail but waiting for my elbow to heal up. Golfer's elbow, tendonitis. Never realized how something like that can be so disabling. It is a pain to be getting older.

Yep, it should be easy going. Once I buck it up it should roll right down the hill then it's just a matter of getting a small trail back to that area.

Tiger had that bad elbow, it was from getting WHACKED by his wife with a golf club. :vampire:

zap

Nice shots zap!

Cherry sawdust is prized here by people with smokers....

I like whole logs myself ;-)

woodchip said:
Nice shots zap!

Cherry sawdust is prized here by people with smokers....

I like whole logs myself ;-)

Woodchip, we talked about getting a smoker but never followed through.

Thanks
Zap

weatherguy said:

Looks like you jinx me, it's not much but starting to wonder if it will be the heavy wet snow.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM FRIDAY TO 6 AM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM FRIDAY TO 6 AM EST SATURDAY.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN HALF OF SAINT LAWRENCE COUNTY NEW YORK.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...PERIODS OF SNOW WILL DEVELOP FRIDAY MORNING, AND CONTINUE INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW MAY BE MODERATE TO LOCALLY HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS...POOR DRIVING CONDITIONS.

* WINDS...SOUTHWEST 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

* VISIBILITIES...AS LOW AS ONE-HALF MILE AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.