chimney - boiler question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman51

Feb 18, 2008
SE Minnesota
Monday I got my adobe cleaned out, one heck of a job. I cut the back open and removed about 2 gallons of ash and soot. I made a new back side for it hopefully it will come off easier than the old one should I have to do it again. The adobe has worked well the last two days, although it is hard to tell as it is now 40* (where's the cold weather when you need it). My new chimney (12' insulated outside, 6 'single wall inside) is drawing at .04-.05 seems to be OK. I am contemplating putting on another 3' of chimney to be sure, either that or a draft inducer. What do you think? Also now that it is going to start to rain, should I put on a rain cap or will that also screw up the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.