Chimney liner for older chimney? (Picture heavy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My adaptor is an oval... about 5 and 1/2 by about 11 inches or so... just placed on in each end. Unless the iron broke, you could lift the insert with it... linear expansion with heating... pushed the liner further in, when it cooled, it pulled it further out. With the angled approach, the binding between the adaptor and the insert walked the thing right out of the hole.

"Not good"... :)

Flylikeaneagle:

I just got a hold of the same model Lopi you have. I also want to install this with a chimney liner. I didn't quite get if you made your adapter yourself, or if you had someone make it. Do you have drawings? Any chance you would make another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.