Chimney liner in Heatform

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MEngineer24

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2020
WV
Hello, from the photos I have attached. Would it be possible to install a flue liner into this old heatform firebox or is it too rusted out? You can see the piece behind the lintel stone is falling to pieces.

5A742808-7976-4F0A-9153-E4977825A493.jpeg 4C827745-3535-4285-8B62-AE3B6C459646.jpeg 57047F13-B35E-4511-B511-98D8E98FED95.jpeg

Reactions: MEngineer24
It doesn't matter if it's rusted out if you are installing a stove or insert and liner
Okay thanks. I just wanted to be sure with a trusted sweep. I had the local guys come by this afternoon and they seem extremely credible to do the work. They quoted me $4500 to do the work. Does that seem reasonable? The chimney is 15ft tall.

Okay thanks. I just wanted to be sure with a trusted sweep. I had the local guys come by this afternoon and they seem extremely credible to do the work. They quoted me $4500 to do the work. Does that seem reasonable? The chimney is 15ft tall.
Does that include the stove? If not, it's a pricey bid.

Does that include the stove? If not, it's a pricey bid.
No, I already have the stove. It’s a “turn key” install though. They are going to place and hookup the stove etc. I thought it was high myself but I understand they have some hefty demo work to be done on the heatform.

No, I already have the stove. It’s a “turn key” install though. They are going to place and hookup the stove etc. I thought it was high myself but I understand they have some hefty demo work to be done on the heatform.
The demo isn't hefty at all. It usually takes me about 30 mins no more than an hour. It is pretty high. Are they atleast doing an insulated liner and block off plate.

The demo isn't hefty at all. It usually takes me about 30 mins no more than an hour. It is pretty high. Are they atleast doing an insulated liner and block off plate.
Yes, heavy wall wrapped insulated liner and block off. Those are the two items I made perfectly clear I wanted done.

Well it’s finally complete. Very happy with the new setup. Just waiting on the mantle shield now.

162CAD8F-08DA-4470-9B3C-B83888994A4F.jpeg