Chimney Liner Kits??? Just Bought Englander 30 NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
I just ordered a Englander 30 NC per thanks to the folks here on this wonderful forum.

Its going inside the fire place.

I have a chimney 13' tall from floor to chimney top. I will have to add a little length above the cap to make a total of at least 15' of chimney per the Englander Manual.

I was going to go with a 6" Flex liner directly from stove to the cap.

My questions .......

1 Do I need an adapter?

2 What should the blocker plate be made from?

3 Who makes a taller cap extension?

4 My flue is Square 11 1/2" X 11 1/4" ID and 13" x 13" OD

5 What Liner Company (They all have terrible unfriendly user websites)

6 What length of liner will I need? The stove hight will be 28.5" high (6" legs)

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Special thanks to Corie & Brother Bart

thank YOU HIRAM MAXIM

Rockford is based in South Lyon, MI. Given your stated location of southeast Michigan, you may be close enough to go see them and buy direct.

Burn-1 said:
Rockford is based in South Lyon, MI. Given your stated location of southeast Michigan, you may be close enough to go see them and buy direct.

They just take the orders and then the stuff is shipped from Olympia Chimney Supply.

Woohooo!! I believe you'll want to switch to rigid pipe about a foot or two before going through the top chimney plate. You won't get a tight seal with flex pipe and it would list to one side. The stainless top plate will have a lip on it which will fit snug to the rigid pipe. And then a rain collar will be above that. Then finally the cap on top. All are designed for rigid pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.