Chimney Liner Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tathspts

Jan 4, 2020
Montreal
I have a question for these two chimney liner.

TCE
Amazon product ASIN B07KJGC89X
26 Gauge Stainless Steel - ULC / UL S-635 / S-640 / 441 / 641 / 1777.
10 hills and valleys make it the most flexible liner in the industry and easiest to install!

Vortex

This heavy duty flexible liner meets the requirements of the NFPA 211, UL 1777, ULC S635 and CAN/ULC S640 Standards.

I have had vortex liner installed last year and I know that it didn't have "10 hills and valleys" that tce one seems to have. It has 5 and a bit thinner and closer to each other.

I was wondering if these number of hills and valleys make one liner better over the other, not just considering flexibility but overall.

Lastly I am planning on using one of these two with osburn Matrix 2700 insert. Will any of these two make better choice over other and why?

Thank you.

Both are thin light wall corregated liners. They are fine but the least durable liner that I feel is acceptable for use with wood

Last edited:
@bholler do you mean to say that these are barely meeting the requirements?
They absolutely meet requirements. They are just very thin and are not as durable as the liners made with thicker material. You also need to be looking at insulation kits for the liner

Are they going to break down sooner or something. Can you please share the brands names or liners that are more durable.

I live in canada, can you please tell me what kind of insulation material I should be looking at?

Are they going to break down sooner or something. Can you please share the brands names or liners that are more durable.

I live in canada, can you please tell me what kind of insulation material I should be looking at?
Any heavy wall or midweight liner will be more durable than light wall. As far as insulation any liner should have an insulation kit available that was tested with their system. If they don't I wouldn't buy it