Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbas Boys

Aug 31, 2014
Central Illinois
Took a pic of chimney today. Want to know what you guys think of it. It seems like a lot of stuff on the inside but we re new so I don't know what to look for. It has been burning 3 weeks non stop and 12 fires on and off before that. Am burning mixed woods all 18% and under. Chimney goes straight up. Kitchen Queen 480 Cookstove. Does this need swept? What does a bad one look like? It is very fine and dusty stuff!

Attachments

• Chimney
    chimney 002.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Chimney
    chimney 005.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 158
That is not bad and does not need swept yet but it is allot for only 3 weeks but like i have said before cook stoves are not the cleanest burning stoves around

Reactions: Bubbas Boys
Yeah then that cap is a mess is your wood dry? The conditions in the chimney look pretty good though

I do think at the start of burning I was dialing the air down too fast. Had a lot of smoke out of the chimney but lately I have gotten better and there is barely any smoke coming out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.