chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
Question was looking at my manual more on my whitfield advantage.I was looking at the graph they show for chimney now if I'm 372ft above sea level it says to use 20ft of pipe now is that much necessary.

I looked at that chart I think you select your elevation and your chimney height and it tells you if you should
use 3" or 4" pipe for the chimney.

Question was looking at my manual more on my whitfield advantage.I was looking at the graph they show for chimney now if I'm 372ft above sea level it says to use 20ft of pipe now is that much necessary.

Does it say suggested, or minimum or maximum anywhere referring to that length?

It says don't exceed 25 ft but one place told me to go by mfg chart.Just trying to make cents of this mine chimney now is 4ft with a clean out tee