Chinese chainsaws.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my dads Poulan 3750 Counter Vibe, circa 1983. It will outcut my MS290. Problem is that it wears you out in no time flat. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of knowing its still going if he were still around.

My el cheapo Poulan 1950 with 14" bar is about 9 years old and still going strong. I use that for limbing and small stuff. I paid somewhere around $89 for it on sale at Menards.

Reactions: bostock
Instead of paid reviews, The latest trend is software that automatically writes reviews, taking key words out of the product description.

That is how we do generate posts here. ;lol

Don't trust amazon (or any online marketplace) reviews.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/b...and-for-online-raves.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Instead of paid reviews, The latest trend is software that automatically writes reviews, taking key words out of the product description.

This is exactly why I only read the negative reviews, the positives don't tell you anything and are suspect at best. Common complaints in the negatives point to actual problems. Numerous complaints of hydraulic leaks on the HF 7 ton electric splitters tell me there is an actual quality problem, despite the many positive reviews.

Reactions: mikefrommaine
Does it write negatives too?? And what about things that have overall bad ratings?? Why would a company give themselves 1 or 2 stars on amazon with fake reviews??

Does it write negatives too?? And what about things that have overall bad ratings?? Why would a company give themselves 1 or 2 stars on amazon with fake reviews??

Those are the people who rely on actual customer reviews.

Does this mean I'm not getting a check anymore? :( ;lol ;)
I always thought Speeco was sending you the big checks?:p ;lol

Depends on who is paying for the reviews. Over in the boiler room I suspect there is a lot fake 'reviews' going on.

Spend enough time there and you will notice a trend. Certain brands that have dealers active on this site often have 'owners' with single digit post counts log in and post glowing reviews of 'their' gasser and then disappear. While other brands consistently have new posters that complain about what a mistake they made in buying "brand x" but disappear when asked for details.

Reactions: Ashful
On tractorbynet I'm a very active member, there was a post on trailers that very same way. Was a legit post I think. But then u had new poster just like u described pooping up and that was it??? Both sides of argument. It was hilarious. And I was the only one point ting it out. I was like what are the chances this thread generates and get 6 new first time posters. And folks kept trying to ask them questions and things when clearly it was fake people.

Reactions: mikefrommaine
I always thought Speeco was sending you the big checks?:p ;lol

I was told I would reach nirvana at 5000 posts and would be amply rewarded. Still waiting. ;)

Oh look at that, this here says I gotta make it to 10,000 posts instead..... Hmmm ......... Oh well, here goes....

Absofreakinglutely on the 7 ton HF splitters....

This is exactly why I only read the negative reviews, the positives don't tell you anything and are suspect at best. Common complaints in the negatives point to actual problems. Numerous complaints of hydraulic leaks on the HF 7 ton electric splitters tell me there is an actual quality problem, despite the many positive reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.