Christmas gift surprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kenny chaos said:
I cook so much sausge on the woodstove that Santa saw fit to hook me up with a Waring Pro MG-800!

What is that, some sort of cholesterol monitor? :) Rick

fossil said:
kenny chaos said:
I cook so much sausge on the woodstove that Santa saw fit to hook me up with a Waring Pro MG-800!

What is that, some sort of cholesterol monitor? :) Rick

Real funny Rick.
It's actually a very nice meat grinder and sausage stuffer but you do make me wonder if Santa has ulterior motives.

EatenByLimestone said:
Just before Christmas we got an ice storm that gave me enough free maple to cover next year's burning. My after Christmas present will be splitting it tomorrow when it's 60 outside.

Matt

A good portion of what I thought was maple turned out to be oak!!!!

Woohoo!

Mat

EatenByLimestone said:
EatenByLimestone said:
Just before Christmas we got an ice storm that gave me enough free maple to cover next year's burning. My after Christmas present will be splitting it tomorrow when it's 60 outside.

Matt

A good portion of what I thought was maple turned out to be oak!!!!

Woohoo!

Mat

Nice score Matt! Been burning oak for years and it is the best firewood in this area...

Ray

I got a very large pick-up truck load of oak from craigslist. It was already cut to 20 inch lengths, down for 6 months, and the guy helped me load it.

pistonslap said:
I got a very large pick-up truck load of oak from craigslist. It was already cut to 20 inch lengths, down for 6 months, and the guy helped me load it.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!

I exchanged presents with my lady friend on the floor in front of the stove. A few hours later I got a wonderful thank you in front of the stove.

My wife gave me 30' of flexible chimney rod and a 6" brush, plus a set of leather fireplace gloves. Can't wait to try it out, need to get a mask and shop-vac first.

fossil said:
In addition to my customary lump of coal, I received a biography of Andrew Jackson. This qualifies, as I wasn't expecting it, and his nickname was "Old Hickory". :coolsmile: Rick

EDIT: Besides, if it turns out to be a crappy book, I can always burn it.
Burning books is a bit Orwellian isn't it Rick? :coolcheese:Actually, I got a call out of the blue yesterday from a guy who I got some red pine off of Craigslist from last spring. Said he'd had a tree cut down and wanted to know if I wanted it. I got there with my two 20ish sons to find a black birch, probably 20" diam at chest height, mostly cut to length. Tree guys told him it was "American Beech" which would have been fine too. Got about a cord of black birch out of the clear blue. Thought that was an excellent Christmas present. I've got about 30 cords worth of wood but it's hard to pass up free, cut, great hardwood when it's offered to you.

DeePee said:
My wife gave me 30' of flexible chimney rod and a 6" brush, plus a set of leather fireplace gloves. Can't wait to try it out, need to get a mask and shop-vac first.

Hey, this is a family oriented site :)

pistonslap said:
DeePee said:

Thanks my friend, I changed the wording a number of times in an effort to prevent the inevitable, but there was no escape. I will be more careful hoping for things next Christmas.

Best regards,
DP

fossil said:
I received a biography of Andrew Jackson. This qualifies, as I wasn't expecting it, and his nickname was "Old Hickory". :coolsmile: Rick

I got the same book.

I'm only about 50 pages into it. Interesting, but not a real page turner yet.

J.P.

PS. No coal, but I did put on my beer goggles to get a better look at the fire. I could probably do better on the book if I took the goggles off as well.

DeePee said:
pistonslap said:
DeePee said:

Thanks my friend, I changed the wording a number of times in an effort to prevent the inevitable, but there was no escape. I will be more careful hoping for things next Christmas.

Best regards,
DP[/quote

I couldn't pass it up, remember, you're never too old to be immature! :coolsmile:

karl said:
I exchanged presents with my lady friend on the floor in front of the stove. A few hours later I got a wonderful thank you in front of the stove.

Not sure I fully understand the thank you part could you post some pics :-O

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.