Citizenship

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Congratulations.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Congratulations...and happy for you both ! ! !

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those who always say: No pics, it did not happen.

Attachments

• Joanne US.jpg
    Joanne US.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 238
Congratulations and welcome.

Thanks for doing it the RIGHT way and not just crossing the border.

Step 1: Get a job based on special skills.
Step 2: Get a work permit.
Step 3: Pay your taxes and get a Work Authorization Card.
Step 4: Pay your taxes and get a Green Card.
Step 5: Pay your taxes, stay out of trouble and apply for Citizenship.

The entire process took me 12 years and costs a LOT of money. The lady waited 1 year longer for personal reasons.

Proud to be Americans.

Awesome! I helped a friend study for her citizenship test. I bet 80% of native born folk couldn't pass it.

You know, I wouldnt be surprised.

I remember an awful lot of civics and history questions.
I talked to a lot of co-workers, all US born, They didn't know anything.
We, new citizens, we need to memorize 100 questions and at least 200 answers to pass the test. Most of my co-workers would have failed, big time.

I loved the test! Or at least helping the studying for it. But I like history and how the govt was designed to work.

Thank you for studying hard and passing the test! We're lucky (and honored) to have you here!

I loved the test! Or at least helping the studying for it. But I like history and how the govt was designed to work.

Thank you for studying hard and passing the test! We're lucky (and honored) to have you here!
Thanks. It's an honor to be a citizen. And for us having lived in 4 countries on 3 continents, consider that as a compliment. When I did my ceremony last year I got into tears of emotions. And again yesterday at my wife's ceremony.

Congrats to you both!