City boys splitting wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boog Powell always did swing a mean stick...

And you get a gold star for the day for knowing that! Most people now days have no idea who he was........ 1970 AL MVP.
That's why my HS friends nicknamed me Boog, cause I can swing a mean stick/maul too :cool:. Ah, maybe the girth around the middle had something to do with it too...........

Mike "Boog" Powell

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
That's crazy. I don't remember not knowing how to swing a maul....although I do remember breaking a few handles.

After my turkey dinner I busted out the FIL's 025 and bucked an oak he had felled in march/april 50 yards from his deck, leaves all brown and fairly dry already, other than the crown and the stump that was left. Then proceeded to split the ~1/8-1/4 cord, with a few beer breaks in-between. It sure beat sitting on the couch, and plus the Pats game didn't start till 8.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I've been using saws & splitting manually for 32 yrs,since I was 17.My youngest nephew is 21, 6 foot 2,300 lbs & holds several state & 1 regional record in powerlifting & National Strongman competitions.

He wanted to help me one day last summer split some large gnarly Red/White Oak. That wasnt near as easy as he thought.;lol Its all about technique & experience,not just 'strength'.He's almost twice my weight & towers over me lol.He did have fun moving & lifting those beasts around though.;)
He sounds like a modern day Paul Bunyon
weighing in at @,2300 pounds is Thistles Nephew!!!
Sorry Thistle, couldnt help myself...;) LOL

chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.