Clancey's thread believe it or not...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oh Mrcool1 that is funny---serious but funny...Funny I get more of a vibration with the noise then anything else on my skin--hard to describe--like you can feel it just like the "whole city is alive with energy" or something. I do know that my city put in some of those "shots fired detections devices" that goes right back to the station and they know where and when and exactly where shots were fired in the city in the matter seconds---people say that they can hear people talking too---do not know if any of this is true if they can really hear that well and cities seem to be raving about this type of new technology for it saves lives etc...but it works by strong radar or Radio waves or something and this was put in to as well as all the other types of energies...and I think that I can feel the emf and the different types of energies but then again I do not know...Sometimes when a person ages their bones in their ears change and this might have something to do with this but I do not know and what I do know is it is annoying and I am searching for the cause so that I can try to correct it.., maybe cancellation head phones or something or maybe "if I can find a quiet spot" then I know and I will move at that point---I dread that for I love my little house.., but I will move..Yes my stove goes with me and all my wood too---lol...thanks for the postings good people...clancey

I wrote the last post before your posting mccool 1 so we are out of timing here---lol--you will figure it out...lol clancey

yep, I followed that - this being the first forum I have ever spent more than a few minutes reading, and the first one I have ever joined - I am starting to get the layout and still not catching it all up.
I was tasked with finding the evening entertainment - J has had a tough week and she wants to kick back and watch a show - I started trying to find something I thought we would both like - amazingly we both enjoy "alone" and "NCIS" from there it gets tough - we did binge the entire series of "LOST" one winter - that was fun - I did tell her I know where the island came from - and she bit - "where did it come from?"
the low spot on our property! I am the smoke monster, at least on what is left here - but every time we make plans, this place comes up with something else!
not as funny now that she agrees......
anyway, I did come across - "the proof is out there" on maybe the travel channel? I will try to find it again if you are interested
one of the episodes was about this worldwide hum that some people are hearing. made me think of you. I don't know if I will watch it.
biggest question of the day - is your fire lit? if it is- do you just love it? I am betting no TV for you for a week!
Have a happy weekend my friend!

Thanks and someday I will watch that: "The proof is out there" but have not had the energy or time to do things different right now in my life--keeping to my daily habits here...lol. I have not lite my wood stove yet and on the 28th this will happen.. Begreen will be happy with this next sentence--I am reading my stoves users manual...I skip all the technical stuff that I do not understand about replacing parts and tubes and stuff but learning about: "Lighting the fire and the first fire " Also about creosote formation and inspections and sweeping.. I also found out my wood stove must be made in Canada because half the manual is in French...So I am learning a few things in my spare time as i read on and on---I hate reading manuals but it is necessary. I guess it is...lol Don't watch too much TV mostly news from different channels..and of course video's like "The Dimming" that a lot of people suggest is tin foil hat stuff but I believe it and can see it overhead as well... This is our future believe this or not so I just carry on and plan for the future as i can...When this wood stove is lit I am going to try to take pictures as we go along and hoping with seeing how he does it to get more confidence to do it myself..lol These things take time...Years and years and years---thanks forum friend and I will keep everybody informed and I will see if I like it but in the beginning and I have been warned it will smell a bit being a new stove..clancey

Hate to think about moving at my age and I love my home but I am beginning to think that this would not even help because last week I had the opportunity to visit two more places a bit out of town and I can still here the hum and its sounds more like a hissing hum or a car motor or something running 24 hours a day...No one visiting house has heard it so far and they say the only thing I hear is the refrigerator running and then I shut it off and they say--perfectly quiet...no sound at all...Tomorrow I will talk to my doc about the ear exam. down the road...But I do not think this is it but will ask about headphones that block sound out...But believe or not---there is a heavy pressure involved with this that I can feel like wearing a lead jacket or something--but not as heavy much lighter but still there...Do you own research and remember that only 2 or 3 % of the people can hear this sound.. I have been looking for another hummer and have not found one just yet...I see two houses in a different area that I like and this week will try to get to this area of Colorado to check it out but I am kind of losing hope here but the houses will be fun to go through and I will make it like a adventure...Been to about 12 different sections of my area so far and all I can say is it is humming..This time I will take my camera and try to update this thread..."If I get to travel"...old clanceyi

Well I got out of town yesterday and had a beautiful day and checked out four houses but this did not good because I still hear the hum only it is lower in tone but the hiss is still there--ugh..This week I go to the ear doctor so I will see how this goes...With our trip we visited the Keenesburg wild animal sanctuary that houses bears and cats and foxes and a few other type of animals as well..We were on a "overhead" walkway--the longest in the world--book of world guiness--about three miles in length and below were all the animals but most of them were in hibernation --the bears...etc...I took a few pictures but they are not good because of the angles and sun shinning on the camera lens and the distance but I will share a few with you...Those bears are in those mound type deals in the soil with those huge cast iron pipes stuck in the ground going down to 62 degrees in the coldest of the winters so pretty darn comfortable for them and the lions who were outside all had mates who were loving them --kissing and licking and bad stuff like that...lol lol..Had a nice day..old clancey

Trip to the east 013.JPG Trip to the east 023.JPG Trip to the east 018.JPG Trip to the east 021.JPG Trip to the east 026.JPG Trip to the east 028.JPG Trip to the east 033.JPG Trip to the east 036.JPG Trip to the east 038.JPG

Reactions: thewoodlands
Been to the ear doctor--some loss in the right ear because of age but otherwise--normal...Dr. did mention tinnitus and said I might have a touch of that when you brain works overtime and you get a buzzing or hum..suggested a hearing aid might help with that and quiet it down..I mentioned the world wide hum and she knew nothing about that but very professional and very nice..i shared with her that some people call it a conspiracy theory but in my opinion it is a worldwide noise where only 2 --10% (about) of people can hear the noise . Was in a sound proof room and still heard the hum so most likely moving will not make a difference nor even noise abatement in my home..Back to square one . old mrs clancey..

if it is tinnitus it will always be with you sometimes worse sometimes better no rime or reason but some studies show if having the problem eating a high salt diet makes the noise worse. i have three noises i hear and it is worse when it is quiet or trying to sleep or have headphones on. a little noise and it's gone. i notice that sometimes listening to music on certain radios can be slightly distorted and have a groaning beat in the background of the music that sounds like someone is keeping the beat with a off key kettle drum??????????

yea this is a real drag knowing that I will never hear silence again..but as we know there are worse things in life...I leave the radio on at night time on low and this helps because with all the day background noise gone it seems worse..This type of noise at times changes in sound--very subtle but the energy of it changes a bit..and then reverts back to the way it was---I also hear that kind of off beat drum sound but very subtle..but my noise sounds more like a refrigerator running only on low..It is really strange and so far no one hears it. Sound is what we hear when the air vibrates and all I can say is: "My our world is vibrating a lot more"...thanks for the response.. old clancey

I would appreciate if anyone can tell me what kind of stove this is? Also if someone could estimate a underground 500 gallon lp tank underground--installed and how much to fill at this time in history about--ball park here...Am I looking at maybe 10,000 or so to install maybe-??? I figure it would cost me about 100 a month in fuel --ball park here --just guessing..Are underground tanks dangerous?
Just wondering about all these things..clancey
b02ae97782e82e0db32fc03aec06a8c4-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

I would appreciate if anyone can tell me what kind of stove this is? Also if someone could estimate a underground 500 gallon lp tank underground--installed and how much to fill at this time in history about--ball park here...Am I looking at maybe 10,000 or so to install maybe-??? I figure it would cost me about 100 a month in fuel --ball park here --just guessing..Are underground tanks dangerous?
Just wondering about all these things..clancey
b02ae97782e82e0db32fc03aec06a8c4-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

Any reason for underground? I have a 300 gallon that sits in the yard and has for the last 10 years. Last months fill up was $2.59/gallon if I remember correctly, tank rent costs nothing unless you use under on average $100/month.

Thanks and I am looking at different properties to buy and some of these do not have natural gas supplies and just checking into the different types of energies and I just wondered about the underground tanks for they would keep the property prettier looking because i do not like the overhead big tanks...lol--just my opinion here...Just trying to stretch out and wondering about these things with people who actually have them or used them...That wood stove is a real beautiful and I was just wondering what kind it was so that I could look it up...Kind of looks like a fisher without the name but I really do not know and that is one of the houses that i was looking at and at this stage in my life I hate to even think about moving but its getting to the point I have no choice. I do not even know if I am strong enough financially to do this thing,,So I am just searching different areas and seeing what is out there..Yes..I will take my wood stove and generator with me and looking for a area with some services that would be convenient for me at my age...thanks..clancey

Doing research on the web about the noise I hear---a humming--that is 24 hours a day and I could maybe adjust to it with the radio on and trying to block it out but there is a slight vibration with it because when we hear noise it vibrates into our ear and that's how we hear.. Only 2-20% of people can hear the hum and I have seen other forums where everything is suggested except the 5G and its like people are afraid of denouncing the electric or cell phone companies or something...Its world wide now and there are thousands of people worldwide who can hear this hum---it is not a conspiracy theory and it is not tin hat stuff so if you believe that I surely don't want to hear your comments. You can put in most states (name) and add the hum and it will come up even in your own state..Its a serous and very annoying problem...I remember those five or six seconds that the noise went off and a a "great weight" on my body fell away and then when it came back I was so sad...This noise has side effects that I think---not professional here---just what I think...The first is extremely dry eyes and heat and great thirst at night time. the second like tinnitus but that is a much higher pitch with no change of power in the noise--this is like a car engine but low and subtle and annoying..its like whole area is "wired up with the pulsating" or something..side effect three sort of like pains in your legs and calves at night time to where you have to get up to walk to get it away..Side effect number four---depression with crying spells and side effect five --very dry and itchy skin to where it feels like its burning and sometimes you actually have sores that came from no where...and it peels easily plus total exhaustion at times and also a lack of sleep at night time to where your days are night and your night is days...Serious considerations here and our whole society is changing "right before our eyes" now they are addressing even 7 to 10G...There is a lot less birdies in my area now--I still have wild pigeons on the line but the sparrows and robins and wood peckers and less crows as well are gone---seen very very few and I really feel that our society is in big trouble health wise but who I am to say because I am almost near 80 so maybe it is just my age but I do not think so and taking precautions on how to fight against it for now to help my health..Just trying to be a canary in the cold mines here and if you do not hear it you are so so very fortunate....Now the good news is I found a small property about one acre of ground out of the city about one hour and 1/2 away and in the next few weeks will take a trip there just to see if I can get away from this humming noise---not optimistic here because I have been to about 8 other places out a ways and still hear it --lower sounding---but still there...The house that I live in is much much louder and I think it is the aluminum siding (protection here_ as well as the (boiler heat copper piping) and these things sort of magnify the noise...I have towers of 5G all around me as well as right out front and in back of my house and no one hears anything humming so far but me....terrible situation here....old clancey

This is the little house that I am interested in and its one hour and one half away from me and in the next few weeks going to drive out there and check it out...(my friend will drive)-hoping I can get a picture of the inside so that you can see the stove...

60f0bb47be3aa436c02f22eadca76a7b-full.jpg

4b3cfe51dab22d335b1d557654b7ba01-full.jpg

Clancy, that is an adorable house! might need a map to not get lost on that hearth! I want to see more of it!

R

Yea that stove is not hooked up I noticed and really don't know what kind of stove it is but the house is cute and enough for me to handle ---" If I do not hear the hum sound", that is "worldwide" and only heard by 2-20% of people but it is indeed very annoying.. I arranged a trip with my real estate lady to drive to the area and take a look at the house so that I can see the area and conditions of the area and of course maybe no humming noise or even no vibration feeling would be good for the city that I live in is really "zapped up" especially in my area and its getting very uncomfortable for me health-wise... I dread the thought of moving for I love my little house but life goes on and one should be ready for changes I guess. I might go this Wed or in two weeks on the 16th and I sure will let you all know about the new area and tiny house that I am interested in and I will take pictures..I cannot drive there myself so I depend on my friend...Anybody know what kind of stove that might be? Thanks...old clancey

This is the little house that I am interested in and its one hour and one half away from me and in the next few weeks going to drive out there and check it out...(my friend will drive)-hoping I can get a picture of the inside so that you can see the stove...

60f0bb47be3aa436c02f22eadca76a7b-full.jpg

4b3cfe51dab22d335b1d557654b7ba01-full.jpg
All around the house in the first picture you have grass except for on the left it's all dirt, it might be nothing or something could've been done to it.

All around the house in the first picture you have grass except for on the left it's all dirt, it might be nothing or something could've been done to it.
My dad used to live in Golden. Now lives in Centennial.
Visiting while growing up I always remember how noone mowed their lawn in the Denver area. Odd.

Woodlands you are right and I never noticed that and will check it out...among other things like does it have city water or is it in one of those tanks in the air that they fill up once a year or so and that was my first question and has not been answered just yet...Also I need a certain amount of services that would be convenient for me to get to--like food shopping and gas stations and health care and dentist--little things--lol lol...Also that area might have a major forest fire danger and the insurance could be a lot higher--so just checking out things and wanted to share., but it sure looks kind of neat and it has some out buildings too and its a acre and I could sell off half an acre if I wanted to for 30,000 at least that's what the owner of the property said..I would not sell the other half but it could be something to consider...Also I hear this hum no matter where I have went so far and one trip was a two hour drive and I still heard this annoying hum with the vibration..Maybe it is one of those satellites beaming down to the towers or something--who knows--but it started in the UK years ago--guessing now---2011 and its been gathering world wide since...No one ever suggested 5G in the forums that I have checked into and they are not really forums that go back and forth with questions just statements from people lots of them with some of them getting really crazy as well so its hard to figure out exactly what the hum is but its here..It's terrible...Now how I am judging this is I think in March they put a light pole 5 G in front of my house and the wires were hanging out with a crooked lever and I complained well a white van drove up and I just happened to be looking out at the pole and for about 5 or 6 seconds maybe 10 the man fooled with the door and lever and wires and it became normal all weight and vibration fell off of me and I thought--Thank God he fixed it---then it came back on...I have asked now about ten people if they can hear the noise in my house---no one so far---been to the ear doctor ---nothing just slight loss of hearing in my right ear (I think its the right one)--lol I had a energy person take a reading of the energies (electrical and emf) in my house--this was a waste of money but got the readings anyway and suggestions as well on how to make less emf and dirty electricity in my house since I am so close to these towers and poles and I even hard wired my computer and got rid of my wifi as well as said no to a smart meter--so I have been working on this but I am coming to the conclusion I might very well have to move because of health problems and I an old as well...so its day by day and I will check out that little house and area real good but never thought about why that ground is not grass--good thinking...I am even looking at Faraday rooms and did research on that great man--lol lol so I am working on this------next trip might be Montana or somewhere????clancey

jbtech---it might be different now but certain areas are lax and grass is hard to grow because of all the dryness in this state...and in the old days I can see that happening no lawn mowing for people had more freedom back then to do what they wanted now there are inspections and fines and water people checking watering and things of that nature--each year getting stricter...with rules..clancey

wow clancey glad to hear you are doing better. When I was a kid in colorado some 50 yrs ago(I was 15) we lived up by minturn in eagle county, I hear its basically ruined these days.

lefties everything has changed and I am not familiar with that town just knowing it has a very small population and between two resorts and because I am searching for things I might in the future check it out...Its on route 70 and I think 24 and isolated but a tourist attraction I think...Everything is changed as you know...why my neighborhood back in the east I can hardly recognize--times flies by and we do the best that we can do and we just keep plugging..thanks for the posting clancey

lefties everything has changed and I am not familiar with that town just knowing it has a very small population and between two resorts and because I am searching for things I might in the future check it out...Its on route 70 and I think 24 and isolated but a tourist attraction I think...Everything is changed as you know...why my neighborhood back in the east I can hardly recognize--times flies by and we do the best that we can do and we just keep plugging..thanks for the posting clancey
Was a mining town back then with most working in gilman....from what I hear its not worth seeing now.

.I mentioned the world wide hum and she knew nothing about that but very professional and very nice..i shared with her that some people call it a conspiracy theory but in my opinion it is a worldwide noise where only 2 --10% (about) of people can hear the noise . Was in a sound proof room and still heard the hum so most likely moving will not make a difference nor even noise abatement in my home
When it's very quiet in our house I hear a low-frequency hum. Thinking the hum might originate from a mechanical system, I shut down power to the house and still heard the hum. I researched a bit and found much of the same info that you have.
You can't escape it because low-frequencies tend to travel through objects rather than through the air. When you're inside, higher frequencies are blocked by the walls, making lower frequencies easier to hear.
Luckily for me, the hum doesn't bother me much.
The earworms, on the other hand, have me questioning my sanity. They seem to coincide with the COVID pandemic and I'm not sure why.

When it's very quiet in our house I hear a low-frequency hum. I researched a bit and found much of the same info that you have. Thinking the hum might originate from a mechanical system, I shut down power to the house and still heard the hum.
You can't escape it because low-frequencies travel through objects rather than through the air. When you're inside, higher frequencies are blocked by the walls, making lower frequencies easier to hear.
Luckily for me, the hum doesn't bother me much.
The earworms, on the other hand, have me questioning my sanity. They seem to coincide with the COVID pandemic and I'm not sure why.
I always hear a screach,,tinitis 55 yrs worth