Clean out tee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdks

Oct 10, 2007
Hi there, stupid question here. I have a pellet stove and I need to open the clean out tee. How do I open it??? I removed the small screw but there is no apparent way to remove the "cap" to get insided the pipe. Help!

Okay, I've decided after much fumbling that my tee does not have a removable cap. The cap is on the inside of the pipe but there is no way it comes out. I'm not sure why they would have a screw there though.

What brand of pipe is it?

The type of pipe would help - or maybe a picture if you can. If it's a cleanout T, and there's a screw in there - there has to be some way to get into it.

I don't know about pellet pipe, but stove pipe should have THREE screws holding that cap on - make sure you got them all... Also pipes are supposed to be a snug fit, and many people put them together with adhesives or sealants (and they should) so it can be a challenge to get them off...

Gooserider

Harley said:
The type of pipe would help - or maybe a picture if you can. If it's a cleanout T, and there's a screw in there - there has to be some way to get into it.

How about something like this ;-)

Attachments

• 6153-20.jpg
    6153-20.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 366
If it is an older duravent T you need to remove the TWO screws on each side resest in the Outer wall.
Then take a Screwdriver and pop out the stainless Cap.

MrGriz said:
Harley said:

How about something like this ;-)

Griz what about an air impact chisel

Status
Not open for further replies.