Cleaned out my Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppalachianStan

Minister of Fire
Nov 4, 2011
Clover SC
It have been about 2 months since I cleaned it. Been burning wet wood for about a month now. We have been getting a lot of rain.

Much in there? Pics??????

pen

Sorry here the pic.

Attachments

• cleaned chimey.jpg
    cleaned chimey.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 222
That's pretty dark, which goes along with the wet wood. But the amount isn't too bad. I think your schedule is about right Stan

pen

yea that is not a disturbing amount to me. It also depends upon the chimney height but even if you have 13-15 feet that does not seem like much if that isfrom a 25ft chimney that is minimal.

I have a 15' chimney.

Does not look bad - you must be burning hot, even if wet. :)

I would like to burn hot but no for the last month It was hard to get it to 400* stove top.

I would like to burn hot but no for the last month It was hard to get it to 400* stove top.

Are you making plans to get ahead now so you don't wind up with more unseasoned wood next year????

Nothing worse than struggling with wet wood.

pen

I had good dry wood up until last month then had to start mixing it with wet wood not green wood. My son lift a load it the of his truck for a month in a feet of water. Now all I have is green wood, need to find some dry wood to get to the end of the burn seasoned. Got a cord of red oak for next year I hope. More on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.