Cleaned the flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
I cleaned my flue yesterday with my new sooteater. Wanted to wait till the end of the month but I had to play with my new toy. BEST $92 I've every spent. My flue has never been cleaner and it took a whole 15 min start to clean up. This is what I got out of a 24ft run. 80 percent of it came from the first 5ft of the flue.
20190108_181257.jpg

Very nice. Still amazes me after 5 years of burning how clean modern stoves burn with good wood.

Very nice. Still amazes me after 5 years of burning how clean modern stoves burn with good wood.
My wood is seasoned but it Is WET from the almost 70in. of rain last year. Sometimes it takes some playing with to get a good burn going. That and the fact that I've had to do ALOT of cold starts this burning season because of this crazy weather. Had a dang thunderstorm blow through here last night in january:eek: