cleanfire douglas fir

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cadmobile500

Nov 29, 2016
southern new hampshire
not worth the money.
i bought a ton from woodpellets.com on sale for $330/ton. they are normally $399.
they have the same amount of ash as the cleanfire pacific and Okanagan platinums do.
I run my stove in thermostat mode so I can not definitively say they run hotter but a bag last slightly longer.
I feel like these are a waste of money since the cleanfire pacifics and okie platnums burn just about the same.
also, there are different batches of cleanfire pacifics. the light colored ones are longer(too long imo) and the darker ones are shorter and look identical to the okie platnums. the dark short ones come in the bags with the white backing.

Last edited:
coldest night of the season last night and got the hardest, biggest clinker the stove has ever gotten ever using the cleanfire douglas firs

Attachments

• 20170210_144859.jpg
    20170210_144859.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 320
Ouch.. I can see why you are not happy w/ them.. I wouldn't be either, for the $$$ paid.

Small stove here really likes to roast the softie / DF pellets hot - maybe try running in constant (stove) mode vs. thermostat, that may help?

FWIW, we're roasting the 'Satisfaction' branded LG Granules pellets here again this year, very pleased w/ them, same great heat and consistency as last year.

Regards,
Rob