Cleaning Log...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
This question's prolly been asked and beaten to death, but does there exist and does anybody use a woodstove pipe cleaning log? The weather doesn't allow me to climb up on the roof and start brushing at this time(really, ok I'm too lazy to go up and brush right now.............

I've had good results with them. They don't replace an actual chimney sweeping, but I've burned it, and then heard small deposits fall down the flue and into the stove for hours afterwards. The actual purpose of them is to assist with brushing, I.E. you burn the log, then wait for the chimney to cool, then brush the now dried up deposits off the chimney walls.

Yknow- comming to think of it now, I remember hearing of T.S.P......................

I use um with good results. As said it will dry out the creosote and it will curl , peel and fall off the pipe into the fire box or in my case into the elbow where I then vac it out a couple times a year with the shop vac.

Thanks, Jags, good reading alright. I'm concluding that I've been too cold lately. Cured that with a 500* burn lastnight..........

Status
Not open for further replies.