Cold here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Into a cold spell here,got the big boy pumping out the heat.

20230130_053929.jpg 20230130_053953.jpg

Nice! Got My Harmon XXV throwing out all it can. Maxed Out setting (Temp Knob all the Way Up, Feed Rate 5). Keeping the temp inside at 73f this AM. Balmy -5f this AM (Newport, WA). (White Thing on Top is Filter out of Robot Vacuum)

IMG_20230130_041204991.jpg IMG_20230130_041232629.jpg

Chilly here as well. Not as cold as you but getting below 0*f tonight. Single digit highs. Im on the south end of the arctic blast thats working its way through. Got Myra and the T2 pumping out the heat.

Into a cold spell here,got the big boy pumping out the heat.

View attachment 308873
Nice weather station. We're looking at a prediction of -19 for Friday night. That’s something for down by the coast. It will remind me what it was like living in a valley further north and west. Going to be feeding that 1..1 cu.ft cookstove pretty steady and glad for the seldom used oil back up.

Reactions: begreen
Everyone should exercise their furnace or boiler during extreme cold like this if nothing else to keep the plumbing warm and to be sure the backup heat is in good working order.

Everyone should exercise their furnace or boiler during extreme cold like this if nothing else to keep the plumbing warm and to be sure the backup heat is in good working order.
We got possibly below zero coming for tomorrow and Saturday. I fired up the boiler earlier this week to be on standby for backup.