Comfortbilt hp 50 hearth pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HearhFlame

Mar 19, 2023
Mercer
About to buy hp 50.
Looking at the manual I don't see any R rating for the hearth pad like the wood stoves have.all I see is a requirement for masonary hearth pad. On wood stove forums I saw you can calculate R value by adding up layers of Durock.
My plan was to take half inch plywood or OSB board, screwing on one layer of USG durock half inch and then a tile on top. It would be sitting on vinyl click lock waterproof flooring.
Would one layer of Durock and tile be considered acceptable clearance to combustibles for a pellet stove ( of course complying with all other required clearances to back ,sides, and front)?

You can set it on any non-combustible surface.
Stone, cement board, slate, Or a premade pad
There is basically no heat on the underside of most if not all Pellet stoves
My stove sits on 3/4 in plywood with slate glued to it

DSCF1044.JPG

Reactions: HearhFlame