Compressed Wood in VA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Had c/s/s some beech over the summer, hoping it would be ready by this winter. I was surprised when I split a small split and it read 35% on the MM. This is for my vacation place, so I'll probably only need 10-15 days worth of wood, and I still have a bit of dry stuff left. I don't feel like scrounging pallets, and don't want to buy "seasoned" wood (I already have some ;) . Saw Liberty Bricks last year, and almost pulled the trigger. Now it seems their web site is down. Anyone know of a place to buy a similar compressed wood log product in VA? I live in Richmond, work near Fredericksburg, and the wood is needed in the northern neck, so anywhere in the vicinity of those places would work.

Try Tractor Supply

thanks, they have it--a bit pricey at $4/21lb, no volume discount. hopefully i can find something locally a bit cheaper...

nola mike said:
thanks, they have it--a bit pricey at $4/21lb, no volume discount. hopefully i can find something locally a bit cheaper...

They go on sale quite often for $2.99

That beech will burn really nice next year. You'll love it.

If you can get them in your area the compressed logs are better then eco bricks, you just have to make sure you get the good quality ones, I have some that burn 12 hours, theres different brands all over depending on where you live.

I bought a ton of Eco Bricks at TSC over Labor Day Weekend. $2.99 per package on sale and a 5% discount for buying the ton. Two trips in the minivan with the seats out. Love 'em. Haven't tried the compressed logs yet.

fredarm said:
I bought a ton of Eco Bricks at TSC over Labor Day Weekend. $2.99 per package on sale and a 5% discount for buying the ton. Two trips in the minivan with the seats out. Love 'em. Haven't tried the compressed logs yet.

Of all the brick products, I like the eco's the best, but they make some really good compressed logs, they're much denser than the eco bricks.

Give Glover Enterpirses in Fredericksburg a call. Since the highway wiped out their shop I don't know where they moved to but if the brick fuel is available in the area they will know where.

http://www.gloverenterprises.cc

BrotherBart said:
Give Glover Enterpirses in Fredericksburg a call. Since the highway wiped out their shop I don't know where they moved to but if the brick fuel is available in the area they will know where.

http://www.gloverenterprises.cc

Huh, don't know how I missed this reply. I work in spotsylvania, so I'll definitely check them out. Thanks BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.