Confused

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stoveguy2esw said:
Gentlemen, each type has its place (even martys masonary heater) bottom line is simple, price, quality(which is pretty much equal across the board in all our stoves) each unit has good and not as good points, so descripyions are in order. steel stoves heat faster, soapstone holds heat longer and are more forgiving in loading differences and such, we have made that clearcast iron reburn units like VC and SUMMIT are able to give a little of both, great units i agree, essentially in my mind i do not think type of unit will degrade what our friend bill is looking for. i would say that there is no "perfect solution" to what he is looking to do ,as the 2 applications are far apart. i think personally he should look at the future application as the major factor and probably lose a little inthe interum, is there disagreement in this?
I am in complete agreement. As he states he will be building a newer home in 6 years I think it was? I would plan and buy a stove that will handle that load when the day comes. Unless of course he can buy a smaller one for the cabin now, and use it elsewhere in the new home along with a new purchase of a stove suited for the new home needs when built. I am just no fan of small stoves. For me, and just my feelings, its defeating a purpose for me, I want heat, and would rather have to adjust to too much than not enough. Easier that way for me. I want loner burn times, less clean out frequency, and just more things a larger stove affords for me. Now Bill might feel different, and I implore him to look at his & his wifes needs, but also to plan for the new home needs etc.

MountainStoveGuy said:
Fact is, there is a stove that fits every ones needs. If one was so much superior then another then we would all be burning one type of stove. Every ones needs, tastes are different. And the stoves are different to match what people need/want.

Bet it's Whore House Red Enamel, right?

**************** ;-) ****************

Status
Not open for further replies.