Connecting double wall stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hd0521

Oct 18, 2019
NE OK
Good evening to you all! We are finishing up the building of our new home. The builder installed a metal fab chimney system. I’m wanting to use double wall stove pipe with the NC13 I’m getting. But I’m not sure if I need an adapter for the ceiling support box to connect the double wall stove pipe. I can’t find double wall locally and the metal fab website is not helpful addressing the issue. The male end coming off the support box looks just like this. The male end is spot welded in so I know it shouldn’t be removed. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• BD3A03B9-B732-4C5A-8A32-58585987D2A2.jpeg
    BD3A03B9-B732-4C5A-8A32-58585987D2A2.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 54
Chrome duct tape. Just make sure your wrap it at least 12 times. *Read “*” at the bottom!

The inside pipe of the double wall should slip over the crimped male end.

*Dont use duct tape on the pipe.

With this style ceiling support it looks like other brands would work. DuraVent DVL is plain on the end which may finish better. Selkirk has a crimped top that will need a trim band as a cosmetic cover.